Problems with family...help?

Precise

Banned
Ok here's the deal,

My parents divorced like 4 years ago. I'm 16 now. When they divorced I was really really mixed up, anyways back to the story.

Well as of right now I'm living with my mom and her boyfriend and my Older Brother. I see my dad once every 3-4 months. My dad is a pretty wealthy guy he makes like 300k canadian per year. First off he has stopped paying child support and money's becoming tight around my house. secondly he is getting remarried and invited me to the wedding as being an usher. So yesterday we decided we were going to go get our tuxs fitted and go see Troy and get some dinner and we were to leave at 3 be at his house for 3:30.
So this morning I'm woken up by my brother who says we're not going today. Me being groggy said "Ok, Cool" So I wake up and I'm wondering WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T WE LEFT! So just about 10 minutes ago my brother gets home from work and I ask WTF? He responded Dad had other things too do today and we're not going. The reason this bugs me is because today was tux fitting day. Now my brother has just informed we we're un-invited from the wedding.

So basically Tribal war.
I'm calling my dad tommorw what should I say to him (commedy suggestions are welcomed)

tell him that until you're 18, out of school, or your mom re-marries he's obligated to pay child support.

PlancksConstant said:
Why did he stop paying child support? What are the laws regarding that?
He hates my mother for what she did to him (divorce)
But I don't really feel comfortable around my dad anymore :ugh:

Go with your mother's maiden name. Be sure to send the graduation annoucements (since you're still in High school) in your new name, don't tell ANYONE on his side of the family.

Hey, it's what I did when my parents got divorced and I wanted to get away from my father.

DrSbaitso said:
Go with your mother's maiden name. Be sure to send the graduation annoucements (since you're still in High school) in your new name, don't tell ANYONE on his side of the family.

Hey, it's what I did when my parents got divorced and I wanted to get away from my father.
My mother doens't even use her maiden name

So? Who's to say that you can't? It's the best way to give them all the finger, especially if you're the last male with the name. That family name ends with your father. I don't think Ugly's going to be reproducing any time soon.

Precise said:
Ok here's the deal,

My parents divorced like 4 years ago. I'm 16 now. When they divorced I was really really mixed up, anyways back to the story.

Well as of right now I'm living with my mom and her boyfriend and my Older Brother. I see my dad once every 3-4 months. My dad is a pretty wealthy guy he makes like 300k canadian per year. First off he has stopped paying child support and money's becoming tight around my house. secondly he is getting remarried and invited me to the wedding as being an usher. So yesterday we decided we were going to go get our tuxs fitted and go see Troy and get some dinner and we were to leave at 3 be at his house for 3:30.
So this morning I'm woken up by my brother who says we're not going today. Me being groggy said "Ok, Cool" So I wake up and I'm wondering WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T WE LEFT! So just about 10 minutes ago my brother gets home from work and I ask WTF? He responded Dad had other things too do today and we're not going. The reason this bugs me is because today was tux fitting day. Now my brother has just informed we we're un-invited from the wedding.

So basically Tribal war.
I'm calling my dad tommorw what should I say to him (commedy suggestions are welcomed)

honest feedback:

1. ask him does he love you
2. he will say yes
3. then ask him, why do you punish me and my brother becuz you and mom couldnt work out your differences.
4. ask him: do you even understand how your actions affect me? eevrytime you try to hurt her, me and (brother name) take on collateral damage.

then man up and ask more tuff questions.

i hope this helps, and im speaking honestly from the heart. ive been in your shoes, and its not pleasant.

DrSbaitso said:
So? Who's to say that you can't? It's the best way to give them all the finger, especially if you're the last male with the name. That family name ends with your father. I don't think Ugly's going to be reproducing any time soon.
heh-

ask him why he is acting so rude to you, ask him why he is trying to alienate you and pushing you away...

lay a huge guilt trip on him, guys hate that sort of thing.

Back