PS2 boxing games.... knockout kings...vs fight night

Ripper

Contributor
Veteran X
i wanna get a boxing game to complete my sports collection.

Knock out kings got very good reviews and so did fight night.

I would get fight night but its 50 dollars and knock out kinds is like 20 bucks. If i got knockout kings i would get the latest one, 2002 or whatever it is.

My question to you tribalwar, for those that have played both games. I am getting PRETTY much the same game in knockout kings as i would get in fight night for half the price? Or should i go all out and get fight night. cash is kinda low so thats an issue.

The only thing fight night gots is a special control system or something and a better carreer mode. Do these things make the game that much better?

what should i get?

Fight Night...without a doubt.

The career mode is very cool. controls can be switched around (i hate the joystick version..makes hooks a pain in the ass to execute) you have every big name boxer ever to put on gloves.

When you win money in career mode (by winning fights) you can buy shorts, tattoos, bitches for your entourage, different entrance music. you can make a totally unique boxer if you want with different body types, customize the face and everything. one of the guys that plays here has a custom boxer he plays through career mode that he has made to look just like him down to the facial hair..pretty slick

Last edited:
idunno never played knockout kings, but fight night was/is a fucking blast

i dont like the new punching control scheme at all, it was a bitch for me to throw right hooks/uppercuts but i think thats just me :shrug:

MeSlayer said:
idunno never played knockout kings, but fight night was/is a fucking blast

i dont like the new punching control scheme at all, it was a bitch for me to throw right hooks/uppercuts but i think thats just me :shrug:

I don't know if i would like the control scheme either

Ripper said:
you can alter the control scheme so all punches go to buttons?
Yes. The only difference is there's no taunt button (don't really need it anyways). I've got both games and i've played knockout kings for 2 min. vs still playing fight night every now and then now that i've gone through career mode. If you can get over Fight Night's soundtracks (most of it is Lil John type shit, don't know if you're into that) then i'd definitely go with Fight Night. Graphics, controls, animations are better and it seems more "fluid".

Back