Low-carb craze getting worse

Fool

Whiny Bitch
Veteran XX
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5052766/

LOS ANGELES - Coca-Cola Co. on Monday unveiled C2, a cola with about half the carbohydrates of the original, and a new advertising campaign designed to sell the drink to devotees of trendy Atkins-style diets.

Coca-Cola C2, featuring the familiar red label, but with black lettering instead of the traditional white, will be available in U.S. stores in early June, the company said at a promotional event in Hollywood.

Cola wars are brewing over the low-carb craze. Rival PepsiCo Inc. <PEP.N> said on Monday that it would launch its own mid-carbohydrate soda in mid-June.

An 8-ounce serving of C2 has 45 calories and 12 grams of carbohydrates, compared with 100 calories and 27 grams of carbohydrates with original Coke, the company said.

The start of Coca-Cola's ad campaign for C2, which features the tagline "Half the Carbs, Half the Cals, All the Great Taste," will be tied to the finals of the hit Fox talent show "American Idol" on Tuesday and Wednesday, the company said.

If you're interested in losing weight, you shouldn't be drinking any soda in the first place.

Fool said:
If you're interested in losing weight, you shouldn't be drinking any soda in the first place.

yeah no shit. lol.

Next thing ya know krispy kremes is going to have low carb donuts.

Molly Hatchet said:
What the fuck is the point of half of the carbs? Why not just drink Diet Coke which HAS NO CALORIES OR CARBS AT ALL?
This is why this drink will fail, as others have failed before it.

none of these companies know anything about low carbing.

i can have a max of 30 grams a day, so 1 soda of 12 carbs is WAY too much. also, all these beer comericals talking about how easy it is to burn carbs....the point of low carbs isnts to be able to burn them fast like low calories, but to trick your body into using fat instead of carbs for energy. any carbs = bad carbs.

Molly Hatchet said:
What the fuck is the point of half of the carbs? Why not just drink Diet Coke which HAS NO CALORIES OR CARBS AT ALL?
diet sodas taste like shit, maybe this one taste like coke, with half the carbs

Diet soda has fake sugar (Nutrasweet) which causes cancer in rats. I would never drink diet. But a soda with half the sugar, I might. Try drinking Twister, it tastes like syrup, so I mix it with water. Coke is basically doing the same thing, just taking the sugar out.

Last edited:
i can't even drink soda anymore. i can handle the occaisional sprite, or a fountain coke if im at a restaraunt. i drink Diet Dr. Pepper every once in a while but don't keep it on hand very often.

Back