how do you prevent ingrown hairs...

AutoMiss

Veteran X
i used sensitive skin shaving cream + mach 3 razor...is there anything i am missing...i never used to get them but now i do like everytime

help

exfoliate silly!

spmp3055.jpg

Have you tried rubbing your face with a hot wet washcloth before shaving? This helps me alot but I've never had more than like 2 ingrown hairs on my face in my life that I can remember.

hes probably talking about on his nutsack..

just keep urself clean.. shower frequently after u shave

i used to get a really close shave when shaving with the grain. now, shaving with grain leaves stubbles and stuff; i can't get a close shave without shaving against.

any way i can fix this?

here is what i do

warm wet washcloth against the grain to raise hair
a little bit of aftershave lotion against the grain
apply lotion with a brush
shave with the grain, cheeks first then neck, sideburns, then under nose and chin
warm washcloth then aftershave lotion.

buiZe said:
i used to get a really close shave when shaving with the grain. now, shaving with grain leaves stubbles and stuff; i can't get a close shave without shaving against.

any way i can fix this?

change your blade

I shave in the shower with a fog free mirror. Never have to worry about cuts or gashes ever again, and your face feels soooo smooth.

AutoMiss said:
i used sensitive skin shaving cream + mach 3 razor...is there anything i am missing...i never used to get them but now i do like everytime

help

I had to get a perscription for it.

BEAST420 said:
I shave in the shower with a fog free mirror. Never have to worry about cuts or gashes ever again, and your face feels soooo smooth.
i always shave just after i shower. keep the steam and humidity in your bathroom if you go this way. I also use that brush/puck instead of the foam in a can. I like this way alot more. Im gonna try that wash cloth thing tho

Bridude said:
I had to get a perscription for it.

I've had a perscription for razor burn also. There is actually a bacteria associated with this if I remember my dermotolgist correctly. Man that stuff made my face feel soo good. I need to go get some again.

Fubar said:
I've had a perscription for razor burn also. There is actually a bacteria associated with this if I remember my dermotolgist correctly. Man that stuff made my face feel soo good. I need to go get some again.

The shaving cream they gave is called Benzeshave. I forget what the aftershave is called. But yes it works awesome.

Kendo said:
Have you tried rubbing your face with a hot wet washcloth before shaving? This helps me alot but I've never had more than like 2 ingrown hairs on my face in my life that I can remember.

I just put some hot water on my face before I put the shaving cream on, can't remember having any either. Except on my lower neck.

rubbing with a hot cloth takes all the dead skin away and softens your skin. Hot water alone won't help him as much.

Back