Damnit: Dallas Rock just turned to shit

NutButter

Veteran XX
They replaced the only Dallas Rock station worth listening to (97.1 The eagle) with Sunny 97.1 a easy listening type of station playing music from the 60's, 70's and 80's. God Damnit we allready have like 3 or 4 of those fuking stations.

Goddamn Clear Channel Fucks us again. First it was Stern now this.

Thoughts?

Yep...Clear Channel is the devil...I know them personally. :(

Only alternatives are 93.3, 102.1, 92.5 for rock in Dallas now.

is the edge ancient history? that station defined "good radio" to me in the late eighties early 90's

Stop listening to clear channel stations, buying tickets to clear channel promoted shows, etc. Get all your friends to do the same. Won't do any good, though, because most of the sheeple on this planet happily swallow whatever pablum they're fed.

Or you could just say fuck it and get high.

russ martin that used to be on like 105.3 in the mornings??!?!?! that guy was friggen hilarious, and just disappeared one day! what time/channel is he on?

Well the only thing that saves Clear Channel now in my mind is the Edge. But a good alternative was the Eagle and now I got only one choice.

Gibe said:
russ martin that used to be on like 105.3 in the mornings??!?!?! that guy was friggen hilarious, and just disappeared one day! what time/channel is he on?

He is still on 105.3 but not till like 5 or 6 in the evening

In Austin, one of the classic rock stations got turned into conjunto (mexican music). The station is actually named "The invasion" (in spanish)

Best thing the Edge has going for it is good talent. Jessie in the afternoons is hysterical (if a little insane) and Jagger and Julie are good, in the mornings.

The music is meh, really. But no stations play the mix of music I listen to - sucks sometimes having eclectic taste :) .. so I'm better off with CDs if it's just music I want. It's nice to listen to someone talking, sometimes, when you drive a lot.

They were talking about the Eagle thing this morning. It's always sad to see a little bit of media diversity disappear -- ClearChannel is the debil.

-M

Back