what if kerry taps McCain as a runningmate?

Musashi

SGT Shred
Veteran XX
the rumor is that kerry is debating tapping McCain as a runningmate.

omg, even I would be torn. I hate kerry, but I really like McCain.

this would change the entire race.

I'm pretty sure McCain has said he wouldn't do it about a hundred times now.

It'd be a dream ticket for me, personally, as that ticket could club bush over the head with being "nonpartisan" and having a better understanding of the military.

Of course, there's the whole problem with their views being completely opposite. Basically, it'd be amazing, but there is no real evidence that is might happen.

Rampage said:
i haven't followed too closely, but i'm pretty sure mccain is out at this point..

Did you even read the first post? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I like McCain as well.

Fuck McCain.

Oh shit can that get me in legal trouble, or is it far enough from the election?

McCaine is a rhino hes not a fucking republican hes a republican in name only and a bafoon to boot.

I doubt it happens. If it did the interesting thing would be how to vote 8 years from now, do the Dems vote for the guy who was their President's right hand man for 8 years? Or a Democrat.

im a republican, i'd vote for them if i had a closer look at kerry's stance, being that he's democrat he probably doesn't fall to far from the tree but i like mccaine enough that if kerry didnt have any serious faults id vote for em

I think McCain would consider it if he was asked... in fact it would probably be the toughest decision of his life. I think he's just trying really hard not to get himself asked. He's good friends with Kerry, and things are still sour with Bush (who ran a push poll in 2000 misleading people into thinking he fathered an illegitimate black child out of wedlock.)

If he was asked, in the end I think he'd take it. The man is probably the most well known politician in the country other than President Bush. He knows he has a higher calling and so does this country and this might be his opportunity.

The more I think of it, if asked it would be a tough decision. He'd possibly be the go-to man in 8 years...plus I would want revenge for the push-polling also.

Back