I lost sound

4 speaker cambridge set up with SB Live.

i have confirmed each speaker works individually, i also have headphones that share a split jack with the SB live.

the right side (Where the headphones are plugged in) no longer has sound. the headphones are mute when i play anything.

i have updated drivers, checked AudioHQ and checked control panel->Sound. Is it possible for the plug on the soundcard to give out?

Could be a virus. My 2000 box caught one called ns.exe that killed most sound on that machine. Check and see if its running in your processes...Just a thought, since that machine caught it not more than 6-7 days ago.

Wait a sec... The headphones and the speakers are plugged into the same jack, and the speakers work, but the headphones don't. Did I read that right?

If so, my degree in rocket science tells me that there are two possibilities: 1) (less likely) the headphone side of the split cable is borked. 2) YOUR HEADPHONES DON'T WORK.

Ixiterra said:
Wait a sec... The headphones and the speakers are plugged into the same jack, and the speakers work, but the headphones don't. Did I read that right?

If so, my degree in rocket science tells me that there are two possibilities: 1) (less likely) the headphone side of the split cable is borked. 2) YOUR HEADPHONES DON'T WORK.

:clap:

jst uninstall everything. try installin it again.
try with other speakers.
try with another sound card possibly a onboard sound card if ur mobo has one.
if problem still consist..reinstall windows.. (NOT FORMAT) jst reinstall..

Back