Anyone have an "built by ati" installation cd?

no its not warez..cause i do have an ati card. i just need the codec..why would i ask for a codec that only works on ati cards if i didnt have one. :rolleyes:

what about a powered by ati sapphire installation cd? i got one of those right next to me

this shit is really stupid, my ATI all in wonder card didn't have that disc in the box so I had to have ATI send me one just to install the damn driver.

They did send it to me for free however, and I pestered Newegg and got one from them too.

What's different about this dvd codec than the standard codecs (mpeg4?) installed with dvd players like powerdvd?

What does the downloadable ati dvd driver look for on the cd to verify it's an ATI cd?

The cd label or something? it's got 682 megs of worthless bullshit on it, way to big to e-send.

cd label: 180_G01445_200 -> I think this is for a 9800 card

cd label: 180_V01071_200 -> 9600 pro card

so it has to match your video card too.

Last edited:
Cuthyone said:
mmm, ati drivers. A computer users dream!

This is more about licensing agreement bullshit between ATI and their 3rd party DVD decoder driver.

I've been pretty happy with the compatiblity of ATI drivers actually, but I admit I used to have the same conceded attitude towards ATI drivers that most people still do.

Heh, don't get me wrong, I have a lovely ATi card, and these days the drivers aren't bad. Can't shake the bad memories though
:)

Back