most kickass rock out songs of all time

Anvil

Contributor
Veteran X
songs that just wanna make you head bang, run around your room air drumming and air guitaring

my nominations:

iron maiden - hallowed be thy name
led zeppelin - trampled underfoot
guns and roses - my michelle
rage - bombtrack
rush - one little victory

really, i thought i could come up with more but i couldnt find anything "crunchy" enough. I think theres definitely bands im missing like metallica that could put material up.

id love to hear other recommendations.

Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Coming
Led Zepplin - Immigrant Song
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water
and
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Yngwie J Malmsteen - I am a Viking

on a vastly different note i also like Velvet Underground's - Pale Blue Eyes

edit 2 I had to mention BOC's Burnin for You and Don't Fear the Reaper. Truely some of the greatest rock songs ever. I love Reaper's guitar solo.

Last edited:
Kaden said:
You gotta be shitting me.
he said "songs that just wanna make you head bang, run around your room air drumming and air guitaring"

it works for me, don't knock my tastes yet, i also like Kiss - Rock and Roll All Night.

no way deep purple is rock out -- thats drinking/toking music

Metallica - Blackened
Metallica - Seek and Destroy
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Black Sabbath - Hand of Doom
Ozzy Osbourne - Flying high again
Led Zepplin - Dazed and Confused
Led Zepplin - Black dog
Led Zepplin - Rock and Roll
Led Zepplin - BAbe im gunna leave you

too many good songs to list :mecry:

Last edited:
Iason said:
he said "songs that just wanna make you head bang, run around your room air drumming and air guitaring"

it works for me, don't knock my tastes yet, i also like Kiss - Rock and Roll All Night.
how do you headbang to twisted sister? im being serious. theyre like the redheaded step child of all hair metal

eggo !X! said:
how do you headbang to twisted sister? im being serious. theyre like the redheaded step child of all hair metal
well technicaly i don't headbang to them, i just think that one song is cool.

eggo !X! said:
Try listeneing to it again. Both We're Not Gonna Take It and I Wanna Rock are pretty bangin' songs. Sure, they are pure cheese, but it was the early 80's. What else do you expect? In that vein, check out Helix - Rock You, Kick Axe - Heavy Metal Shuffle, and Autograph - Turn Up the Radio. :rocker:

I'm suprised that AC/DC hasn't been mentioned. Some of the most rocking, "bust out your air guitar while you drink till you puke" music out there.

Back