Using the Pen tool in flash - how to get good with it?

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
oceanconveyor.jpg

Basically I want to animate this in flash. I am guessing the best way would be to use the pen tool to trace the path of the belt....but man i find it impossible to make it as smooth as it is in that image. is there an easier way to do it? maybe i'm using the pen tool wrong, dunno.

dont have flash installed and havent used it in awhile but im fairly sure the pen tool works identical to photoshop/illustrator.

basically you take the tool, go to where you want to start, click to drop an anchor point. then go to where you want the next anchor point, click, but dont let go and move the mouse to create the curve you want, then let go. - repeat till done.

if you need to reset the angle of the curve from one point to the next (sorta like as if it was your first point) alt click on your last point then proceed like normal.

yeah thats how it works. i guess to make it smooth i just need to create a lot of points...thanks for the help, i'll try that out.

there is a setting on the pen tool for smooth and what not. Maybe you dont have that changed. Also you could try making like a million points or whatever..zoom in.

Back