how much are you supposed to spend on engagement rings?

pj:

There’s colors on the street, red, white and blue
People shufflin’ their feet, people sleepin’ in their shoes
But there’s a warnin’ sign on the road ahead
There’s a lot of people sayin’ we’d be better off dead
Don’t feel like satan but I’m to them
So I try to forget it anyway I can

Keep on rockin’ in the free world

I see a woman in the night with a baby in her hand
Under an old street light near a garbage can
Now, she’s put the kid away and she’s gone to get a hit
She hates her life and what she’s done to it
That’s one more kid that’ll never go to school
Never get to fall in love, never get to be cool

We got a thousand points of light for the homeless man
We got a kindler, gentler, machine gun hand
We’ve got department stores and toilet paper
Got styrofoam boxes for the ozone layer
Got a man of the people says keep hope alive
Got fuel to burn, got roads to drive

2 months pay. a guy at work had he gf tell him she wants him to propose to prove her to parents they are serious. she has a $5k right picked out and everything. he just said his credit wasnt all that good right now so she should give him a month. i just suggested getting a dog

herbz I got one from a family friend (diamond wholesaler) for 5k mounted on a plat band...it appraised at 8.5k on the spot. Technically if you believe in some (3 months, 6 weeks, whatever) equation I would have had to spend like 12K on a ring for her and it would have looked fuckin assinine as she has tiny hands. Honestly go and have her try shit on some day so you know what style she likes and what size rock looks good on her hand. Setting and what she does for a living (while she is wearing the ring) are also serious factors.

After that work on the price.

Yaason said:
2 months pay. a guy at work had he gf tell him she wants him to propose to prove her to parents they are serious. she has a $5k right picked out and everything. he just said his credit wasnt all that good right now so she should give him a month. i just suggested getting a dog
she must be one hell of a cook

As much as the bitch wants.

Do your best to talk her down. :) Also don't let her use friends as examples. All it takes is for one guy to be so whipped he is willing to spend $20,000 and you are screwed.

Yaason said:

No shit. Why don't he just buy her the ring, borrow 7-10 years worth of pay and give her half and then be on his way and save a lot of wasted time.

don't get stressed about it...you can buy a really nice ring for 5k bro...1.3 carats, good color and clarity...mounted on platinum

you can scrape together 5k :)

Back