So the place I was gonna get DSL from died..

Wufei

Veteran XX
But, they said they would hook me up with satelite, but heres what they told me.

They said that I'll get 600k DL with the satelite, but they do their uploads through the phone line. He said I can just get ISDN for my phone line upload, and i'll get 128k upload.

Wouldn't this play Tribes fine?

Well, one of the Wear guys used to have satelite internet, and he said he played fine except when it was bad weather.

I had ISDN for years cause that is the best I could get. 100 ping or less from Mississippi to most east coast servers 200 or less to west. If you need an ISDN modem we can work something out. I still have several which will cost you shipping if you want them.

Edit: Best pings and downloads can be had with ISDN router which I gave to someone else Netgear makes a good one.

consultant said:
I had ISDN for years cause that is the best I could get. 100 ping or less from Mississippi to most east coast servers 200 or less to west. If you need an ISDN modem we can work something out. I still have several which will cost you shipping if you want them.

Edit: Best pings and downloads can be had with ISDN router which I gave to someone else Netgear makes a good one.

wow... ur sexy man. I think i'm going to get it just to get rid of this fucking 300 bitch ass ping.

Read your PM's :D

Satellite is shit for gaming. Bandwith is separate from ping times. A satellite is a guaranteed minimum of 500ms just to reach the satellite. Your ping times would be probably 1-2 seconds.

Automatic Jack said:
Sounds like that sales guy wants a sale out of you and doesn't know or care what you need.
WEll, see, it's actually a "business" line. So I don't think he knew I was a gamer.

buy a modem that doesn't suck. that'll drop your ping into the mid 100s to mid 200s.

Yah, that is interesting...

Did the phone company in your area die? This company was probably just reselling the phone companies dsl... and if you were to be able to get DSL from them... you should be able to get it from the telco.

What state are you in?

Back