I need someplace where I can get a high resolution image of post war Iraq

FalseMyrmidon

1700+
Veteran XV
I need a high resolution satellite photograph of post operation Iraqi Freedom Baghdad. I've found quite a few of pre-war Baghdad but none of soon thereafter the war. If anyone knows where I could find one I would appreciate it. Paying for it would be alright as long as it's not too expensive (>$50). Although, free would of course be preferrable.

I think Kuray posted a link to some pictures a few weeks back. They were pretty amazing pictures actually. I have a few saved, but don't have the link sorry....

orbital 123 said:
I think Kuray posted a link to some pictures a few weeks back. They were pretty amazing pictures actually. I have a few saved, but don't have the link sorry....
I think I posted a link to some sat photos like two weeks after the invasion began. I'm not sure if that was here or somewhere else. A month or two ago I know that I posted some pictures from the ground, but no more sat images.

I have no idea what either of the links could have been since search is down (LAPTOP LOL.)

Kurayami said:
I think I posted a link to some sat photos like two weeks after the invasion began. I'm not sure if that was here or somewhere else. A month or two ago I know that I posted some pictures from the ground, but no more sat images.

I have no idea what either of the links could have been since search is down (LAPTOP LOL.)
Just ignore the pm I sent you then.

Tw was down right?

You can also look on defenselink..

defenselink is kickass cause it has pictures like this:

969285.jpg

970416.jpg

970944.jpg

Last edited:
SLeD said:
I need someplace where I can get a high [strike]resolution image of post war Iraq[/strike]
Are you sure that you don't want more high resolution images of American propoganda featuring fine American-made equipment like Mi-24s and ZSU-23-2s?

Kurayami said:
MH-60s make me happy. :)

Thats the HH-60 according to the caption.. same thing ole pavehawk, just not as armed

more:
964173.jpg

963549.jpg

963378.jpg

963645.jpg

937346.jpg

this picture gives me a woody:

933409.jpg

Last edited:
apollod said:
Thats the HH-60 according to the caption.. same thing ole pavehawk, just not as armed
The HH-60 is the Pavehawk (or Jayhawk if you're talking about the Coastguard varient.) The UH-60 and MH-60 are Blackhawks. The SH-60 is the Seahawk.

The Pavehawk is an Airforce chopper. The biggest differences from the UH-60 is its avionics suite and various equipment that makes it better suited for all-weather day or night flight (and refueling boom, but it shares that in common with the MH-60s.)

And you're right, it is an HH-60. Upon closer inspection it has the Euro camo scheme. At first glance I saw the refueling boom and thought it was black, which would have meant that it was a 160th SOAR bird, and the 160th is Army and doesn't fly Pavehawks.

Kurayami said:
The HH-60 is the Pavehawk (or Jayhawk if you're talking about the Coastguard varient.) The UH-60 and MH-60 are Blackhawks. The SH-60 is the Seahawk.

The Pavehawk is an Airforce chopper. The biggest differences from the UH-60 is its avionics suite and various equipment that makes it better suited for all-weather day or night flight (and refueling boom, but it shares that in common with the MH-60s.)

And you're right, it is an HH-60. Upon closer inspection it has the Euro camo scheme. At first glance I saw the refueling boom and thought it was black, which would have meant that it was a 160th SOAR bird, and the 160th is Army and doesn't fly Pavehawks.

Pavehawks/Blackhawk/Seahawk/Jayhawks are all the same thing just with minor differences (unless you compare the A series to the Block 152 Series, then theres some major differences), and a MH-60G is a pavehawk, not a blackhawk; the MH-60L/K Varaint is called the Blackhawk (along with the obvious UH-60).. you really have to get specific with the Letter Designations when talking about HH-60 Series. Now only if they'd kick in the Block 162 series with the complete glass cockpits. and 160th Flys MH-60L/K's and AH-60L's. But with you playing ofp much like me with the BAS addons, you know this.

Last edited:
apollod said:
Pavehawks/Blackhawk/Seahawk/Jayhawks are all the same thing just with minor differences
I would not call the differences "minor."
They're all the basic same airframe tailored to a specific role. A refueling boom is a pretty major addition, for example. And that says nothing for the massive avionics upgrade that the Pavehawks get over the Army versions. I've seen claims that the Pavehawks cost more than twice as much because of the avionics alone. I checked, but couldn't find a price comparison.

MH-60G is a pavehawk, not a blackhawk
The MH-60G is also an Airforce bird, so that goes without saying. The MH-60G is basically just an HH-60G that's fitted for more of a multi-mission role than just search and rescue.

now only if they'd kick in the Block 162 series with the complete glass cockpits.
Any pictures?
I've seen the 152s, and they look goofy with the repositioned radar.

Kurayami said:
I would not call the differences "minor."
They're all the basic same airframe tailored to a specific role. A refueling boom is a pretty major addition, for example. And that says nothing for the massive avionics upgrade that the Pavehawks get over the Army versions. I've seen claims that the Pavehawks cost more than twice as much because of the avionics alone. I checked, but couldn't find a price comparison.

The MH-60G is also an Airforce bird, so that goes without saying. The MH-60G is basically just an HH-60G that's fitted for more of a multi-mission role than just search and rescue.

Any pictures?
I've seen the 152s, and they look goofy with the repositioned radar.

I was talking mostly about the airframe in terms of the differences; the MH-60G is a Airforce bird.. pavehawks in general are airforce birds as the Army calls its variant of a pavehawk, a blackhawk, just like if the navy or airforce wanted a MH-60X they would call them Seahawks or Jayhawks, as the mission definition is in the letter designations, not the name. I dont have any pics of the 162's, but they are supposed to have glass cockpits, new defensive aids, some other changes, and not as ambitious of a structural life extension program.

Back