Help with custom poster printing

kharnal

Veteran X
Help with custom poster printing (pics)(NWS)

I want to print out a poster-sized version of the DVD capture of Jack's blood spot from where his head gets hit against the concrete by a black guy in Fight Club.

I'm not sure if Kinkos would be the best/cheapest.

What file type should I use, and how should i capture it?

PS-
gota.jpg

http://purelymag.com/temp/Apprentice Girls FHM - Sneak Peek.jpg

Last edited:
this kind of relates:

i want to make a custom dvd cover and insert (like the kind you put on the front of a dvd case, under the plastic, and an insert with dvd info inside).

if i have a mock up on my computer, in jpg format or a photoshop file or whatever, can kinkos print that out on the same thin glossy paper regular dvd covers are made of? i think this is the same material posters are made of.

where can i get that done?

yea, something lossless obviously, not a jpg more like a (tif, I think?)

something around 300+ dpi

fairly huge (duh)

sorry man, my graphic production class is next semester =/

vempire said:
yp_books.jpg

plus.gif

telephone.jpg

Could actually work wonders for you...

I know.. Fucking crazy idea isn't it?
well actually, i used the yellowpages the other day and also the map that they provide. unfortunately they had a mistake in their map because they location was listed in the wrong city. so i drove out their and got totally lost for like 2 hrs. since then i dont trust yellowpages anymore

kharnal said:
or I could just ask TW instead...
Sure, because TW definitely knows more about large scale poster printing than Kinko's ever would... God, how could I ever be so stupid? :huh:

you'd be astounded at what kinkos can print out and the scale at which they can print it

only thing is be prepared to pay for your custom poster
my friend printed something that was like 10x12 or some semi-large dimension like that and payed 15 bucks or so

I could easily see you spending like 40 bucks printing out a poster sized item.

vempire said:
Sure, because TW definitely knows more about large scale poster printing than Kinko's ever would... God, how could I ever be so stupid? :huh:

Sometimes it is nice to get other peoples input on things they have actually dealt with, someone might happen to know that kinko's prints with ink made from goat milk, which when aplied to poster paper will slowly(over the course of 3 to 4 months) turn in to owl semen.

Nobody wants owl semen on their walls.

Get off the forums if you are going to be a useless chucklefuck.

Here is a not-so-educated reply ...

Fire up the DVD in a computer DVD drive. Find your scene.

Us a screen capture utility (example http://www.any-capture.com/anycapturescreen.exe ) to find the screen shot you want.

You can do a kinkonet web order, but you are going to have to get your picture in Adobe postscript format. I guess, use photoshop to convert the screenshot to postscript format. If you can't convert it, then just take a copy of the image into any kinkos. http://weborder.kinkos.com/

They can print poster size, laminate and mount on foam board.

1-800-2-KINKOS ... if all else fails.

Back