Trying to burn music!

D

Dickies

I am trying to burn some music to a rewritable disc with Nero burning room.

Everytime, it starts then stops and error is

"Burning failed at 40x(6000 kb/s)"
I tried slowing and speeding rate, still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

The version of Nero is 5.5
The rewritable disc says upto 48x compatible

Thats one of the other prob..it doesnt say what kinda drive on the front, and im not sure how to check...

well, idk of any cdrw drive that will burn at 40x, but whatever...
Try upgrading nero to version 6 I think?? It will use your old cd key to do it, if not then gimme a hola on PM.
The proceedure I use when I burn a disc:
1. Listen to all mp3 files so you know for fact that they dont have errors
2. Ensure bit rates are compatible with nero ie 128, 160, 256, 320 etc
3. Shut down all other back ground programs
4. Start nero and make a compilation out of the mp3's check to make sure you aren't trying to burn more than the disc can hold in BOTH space and time wise.
5. Test the disc bring first at the slowest speed and work up from there until u find the fastest speed at which you can burn without making a coaster.
6. Burn disc

The process becomes expedited after you get the hang of it and you can delete some of those steps.
Check to make sure Nero recognizes the proper drive, and get nero to benchmark the drive.

Still not working
How I find out if I even have burner, I should cause I paid for it when I bought...but is there way to check?

still doesn't solve my problem.

gives scsi disabled message too.

is there some type of drivers i need.

i can't figure it out

I can copy a bought cd, but cant burn a new 1 from music I dled

go to device manager (press the windows key + pause/break, hardware, device manager)

check the properties for stuff listed under ide/atapi.

see that DMA is enabled for the devices. if not, enable them. most likely requires a reboot.

if the above was already done, then ignore it and i'll try to think of something else.

Back