why do hp printers suck???

sereneDelusions

Veteran XV
Alright, so it looks like another hp printer of mine has crapped out. Im getting ready to print somethin, and windows pops up and tells me a USB device isnt recognized. So after I figure out everything is still plugged up, i try and do a diag. test on it. For a while it would say printing, and just sit and laugh at me. Now its tellin me there is a scanner failure on it, and to turn it off/on. Is there anything I can do beyond throwin this shit out and wasting more money on a new printer?? Ill be happy if i can at least print somethin with it...

turn computer off...
Unplug Printer from outlet for 1 min.

replug printer...

start computer...

tell LostDuck thnx. (if it doesn't work...um...it's Al Gore's fault)

edit - BTW I have never had problems with HP printers either...

Fei said:
Try reinstalling windows, more likely its fault than hp's.

I wish I could blame ms for this...at least then i could accept it more. But its one of those sweet scanner/printer/copiers...the little display on it keeps blinking and tellin me the scanner is screwed.

I have a Canon i450 and it's one of the best printers I've ever had. Ink is cheap to, $8 for black cartridge, $17 for color. :shrug:

:heart: Canon.

sereneDelusions said:
I tried unpluggin everything and even sweet talk...still wont get its shit together.

Hmm...you said shit was blinking?...does your book say anything about it? I thought blinking lights = paper jam

Ill try and find the manual...yea Ive had plenty of paper jams to, wish it was that easy. Its a PSC2175...and its got three buttons on top blinking green and tells me 'Scanner failure.'

Back