real player 10...

HomelessMute

Veteran X
i love it... it doesn't suck like all the other media players... it plays cds awesome as well as all my music... i can have it rescan folders and when i close the library it hides everything except a minimalistic/slim app that i can skip to next track with...

anyone else tried it ?

I downloaded it here at work, but I refuse to put it on my home computer. They've definitely gotten better about not having the player automatically take over every format even if you tell it not to though. I haven't tried uninstalling it yet, so I'm wondering if it automatically reinstalls like the last ones.

real 10 is based on the helix dna client... like open source and shit... so its like the mozilla/netscape relationship except in this case the commercial but free player is cooler... you could try tracking down the "helix dna client" off google if you want something leet...

I won't touch it, they've done so much damage with taking over people's computers.
Install AOHell for the kid, and Real Player is on there. Delete it, AOL doesn't work. Leave it, changes all formats to RP and then keeps nagging to upgrade. Die RP Die.

NoGodForMe said:
I won't touch it, they've done so much damage with taking over people's computers.
Install AOHell for the kid, and Real Player is on there. Delete it, AOL doesn't work. Leave it, changes all formats to RP and then keeps nagging to upgrade. Die RP Die.
real player 10... owns...

any previous version was trying to gain market share by using Microsoft tactics of a bundled installs and impossibility to remove...

Yep, tired of programs that take over the computer.
Norton used to be that way, but they're better with NAV. AOHell, forget it, they're trying to be an operating system. Pretty soon, they'll be saying, "Try the AOL operating system free today."

Back