Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 Remake > 1974 Original

Doaln

Contributor
Veteran XV
Neither are phenomonal or amazing by any means, but after just watching the original one today, it seems clear to me that the new remake is far superior.

The original one is like, "Hrmm, I wonder what's in this room." <cue Leatherface hacking person dead in 2 seconds>

The remake has a much creepier vibe. The whole movie gives off the creepy feeling. The gas station is creepy, the house is creepy, everything. Also, you get to know the people a little bit too before they start getting offed.

Cliff Notes: This is one of the very rare remakes that I think is definitely better than the original. Mostly because the original was pretty weak and the remake is so much more creepy.

Discuss.

Oh yeah, and Jessica Biel's hotness in a white shirt is a definite plus for the remake.

texaschain_01.jpg

I saw something like 8 movies in a row that I thought were all excellent, I thought it was an absolutely amazing thing that I was able to see 8 movies of such amazing quality in a row.

Then one day, out of boredom or sheer madness I went and saw TCM2K3. Good fucking god. What a pile of shit.

I can't believe I ruined my run of good movies with that.

iNSaNiTy said:
I saw something like 8 movies in a row that I thought were all excellent, I thought it was an absolutely amazing thing that I was able to see 8 movies of such amazing quality in a row.

Then one day, out of boredom or sheer madness I went and saw TCM2K3. Good fucking god. What a pile of shit.

I can't believe I ruined my run of good movies with that.
:lol:

original > tcm2k3

the remake just got really stupid in that no matter how fast jessica biel would run, even after the guy trips and breaks his leg, he pops out in 2 seconds. used the same scare tactic over and over again. Sucky movie imo, but biel made up for it

Dumpy Dooby said:
It's not a true story.

TCM is just the only one that says "inspired by a true story" or whatever. But the plot of the movie is not based on a true story, only that particular character.

The antagonist is based on a man that was obsessed with his mother. When she died, he buried her in the back yard. He killed a few women to try to use their skin to "revive" is mother or something like that. Almost everything in his house was made of human bones. He had skulls on all four of his bed posts. His fridge had various body parts and whatnot. Buffallo Bill, Hannibal Lector, and many other famous fictional scary movie characters are based on this guy.

Bear in mind that I heard about this over a year ago, so some of the stuff could be slightly incorrect. But that's pretty much the jist of it.
Ed Gein is the man.

Back