So IT just spent the last 5 hours fixing my comp

Fool

Whiny Bitch
Veteran XX
Somehow my entire font directory dissappeared (with the exception of 3 fonts) and Windows wouldn't load without them. And since Repair wouldn't let you extract all the fonts, and you had to do them one at a time, they just decided reinstalling everything would be faster.

It's such a gorgeous day out too, I wish I had just gone home.

No they had to reinstall windows, because windows wouldn't load at all without fonts.

unplug your keyboard and mouse. call the helpdesk. refuse to troubleshoot. ask for IT to come back up. When they get there...tell them you fixed it.

unplug your monitor. call the help desk. refuse to troubleshoot. ask for IT to come back up. when they get there...tell them you fixed it.

do this until you feel better.

Respice said:
unplug your keyboard and mouse. call the helpdesk. refuse to troubleshoot. ask for IT to come back up. When they get there...tell them you fixed it.

unplug your monitor. call the help desk. refuse to troubleshoot. ask for IT to come back up. when they get there...tell them you fixed it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I work in IT and that would DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!

Hitman_T said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I work in IT and that would DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!

I am a Sys Admin and something like this would get your email/web access cut off until I decided you have been punished enough...and then another day more.....Complain to whomever you want, I would just tell them there is an issue with the database which I am working diligently (means browsing TW) on.

Respice said:

Support would still get credit for resolving the issue.
However, since you have now increased the number of support calls - then they will eventually need to hire more people. This will result in even more unskilled support staff.

Actually we had a lot of network trouble earlier this week because a new hire was plugging his personal laptop into the network. You may think, what's the big deal? But he was running a DHCP server on the laptop, and for some reason every computer on the network was then trying to get it's IP from the laptop, which had no IP's to give. He kept plugging it in for 3 days after the IT guys told him not to.

Back