Pastor dies while watching the Passion

You know, I'm actually curious to hear statistics on how many deaths occur every year in movie theaters. I'm willing to bet it's more than a few, and that we only hear about these because the movie is contraversial. I'll state right now that there were probably at least 5 deaths from 50 First Dates.

good, i hope more people die while watching this movie.

fuckin POS has stirred up enough latent racism and racial tension already, maybe if it kills enough people they'll ban it or something.

i hope they crucify Mel Gibson next, now THATS 2 hours of blood and gore i'd LIKE to see.

Groove said:

fuckin POS has stirred up enough latent racism and racial tension already, maybe if it kills enough people they'll ban it or something.

i hope they crucify Mel Gibson next, now THATS 2 hours of blood and gore i'd LIKE to see.
you're retarded

Groove said:

wait. have there been any hate crimes related to this movie? or a rise in the rate of hate crimes since the movie came out?

or are you just talking out of your ass?

im seriously curious.

Groove is indeed retarted.

If you think the movie is anti-semetic the same logic would follow that any movie made where an american kills another american is anti-american.

The movie isn't racist in anyway. People are morons, and try to say it is.. but they are just lacking a brain to actually have an opinion worth knowing about.

Groove said:

Such an angry young man.

Beren said:
Groove is indeed retarted.

If you think the movie is anti-semetic the same logic would follow that any movie made where an american kills another american is anti-american.

The movie isn't racist in anyway. People are morons, and try to say it is.. but they are just lacking a brain to actually have an opinion worth knowing about.

i never said the movie was anti-semitic. but it does, and HAS, stirred up a lot of anti-semitism that was already lurking in people's subconscious. Hell, when the movie came out there were plenty of people in TW threads yammering about how it was all the jews fault that christ died blah blah blah. Im not saying the movie portrayed that: but it definitely brought it to the foreground of a lot of people's minds.

well said beren, haha.

Pastor dieing though... wow, pain in the ass for that church. Our church just spent 4 years searching before we got another one, lol. I don't see how anyone can die seeing that movie though, I've seen so much worse in other movies. But yeah, I guess ogrish can numb a person...

Groove said:
in toronto there's been a huge rise of anti-semitic crime.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20040322-014/page.asp
these were both on the frontpage, i didnt have to 'search' or scour for them- there seems to be a new one every day.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20040322-020/page.asp

even here i've seen an increase in anti-semitic comments (although they've always been fairly prominent here anyways) since passion came out.
I'm sorry, where does it say that a movie was determined to be the cause of this?

Nomad said:
jews control the media.
zion.jpg

Kurayami said:
I'm sorry, where does it say that a movie was determined to be the cause of this?

it doesnt, and i never claimed the articles did. However, there were very few if any stories about anti-semitic hate crimes over the last year or so... but over the last month, almost a new one every day.

coincidence? possibly. i dont think so though.

btw- hows the search for a job going?

Back