How the times have changed (Bush vs Kerry) (long, political, flames will ensue)

Polls, polls, polls... useless? Maybe. But if they were, politicians in Washington wouldn't be living on them day to day.

A recent Gallup poll asked voters who they favored on a number of particular issues: Bush or Kerry.

Voters favored Kerry on: ensuring that a poor person can get ahead by working hard, healthcare, the federal budget deficit, social security, ensuring that the next generation can live better than their parents, the economy, protection ordinary citizens from government invasions of privacy, and education.

Voters favored Bush on: Gay marriage, foreign affairs, the situation in Iraq, and terrorism.

Bush and Kerry tied on: Taxes

Some of you conservative folk might think that terrorism and foreign affairs are more important than the economy. When asked which issue will be more important to your vote, voters overwhelmingly said the economy was more important.

Which issue will be more important to your vote?
Economic conditions: 64%
Terrorism: 26%

You can see why Bush isn't going to want to debate. When he and Kerry have to talk about the issues side by side, Bush is going to get creamed.

Another Gallup poll asked which candidate Americans supported.

Among all registered voters, Kerry holds an insignificant lead of 2% (5% without Nader.) Among LIKLEY voters, Kerry holds a commanding 6% lead (8% without Nader.)

As for base support? 45% of likley voters are certain they will vote for kerry. Only 38% of likley voters are certain they will vote for Bush. It only took 48% for for Gore to beat Bush in the general election in 2000. Kerry has to convince far fewer voters to vote for him than Bush. Bush simply hasn't made his case.

The incumbent usually has a huge advantage over his challenger. Somehow George W. managed to let it slip out of his hands. You may say "it's still early" but no incumbent should BE behind this early.

When Kerry picks his running mate his support will increase as he picks up more voters from the VP nominee's home state and (assuming he picks a moderate running mate) more moderate voters. We already know who Bush's running mate is.

And when Kerry debates Bush Kerry's support will only go up more, since Americans overwhelmingly support Kerry on the issues (yeah he's been on both sides of all of them ha ha.)

Cliffnotes:
-Bush is going to get creamed unless there is a huge twist, like Osama being captured on November 1 or Kerry eating a baby.

And Bush's approval ratings were near 90% two years ago.

Like father, like son.

I think if Bush captures Osama, it'll be more reason for him NOT to get re-elected. Many people (I assume) will be like, "yay, Osama is captured. no more need for a fight against terrorism!" And even if its untrue, I believe it would be hard to persuay them otherwise. That's my 2 centz on this EPIC thread.

I favor Kerry on ensuring that a poor person will be forced to live off the government his entire life.

Crazy8 said:
I favor Kerry on ensuring that a poor person will be forced to live off the government his entire life.
the bush alternative for that person is?

Dear liberals,
Stop destroying this country with your shitty morals and lack of support in your armed forces.
kthx.

Arbo said:
Dear liberals,
Stop destroying this country with your shitty morals and lack of support in your armed forces.
kthx.
You do realize more Americans are registered Democrats than registered Republicans?

You do realize that the majority of Americans support Kerry?

So answer this question for me:
Are you saying the majority of Americans have shitty morals and don't support their armed forces?

Tribal Imperialist said:
You do realize more Americans are registered Democrats than registered Republicans?

Are you saying the majority of Americans have shitty morals and don't support their armed forces?
the majority of america is poor.

Tribal Imperialist said:

Not all democrats are as filthily liberal as I've generalized them to be. <3

Vulcan1 said:
the majority of america is poor.
Do you realize the majority of the armed forces is made of poor people? And they don't SUPPORT the armed forces? They ARE the armed forces. And you say WE don't support our armed forces, while you sit here and make fun of the people that serve.

Back