So I changed my mind about Deus Ex 2...

Cuthyone

Veteran X
I remember whining along with the rest of the fans when this game first came out, but I decided to reinstall today, and was pleasantly surprised. I found that so long as I treat it as an entirely seperate game to Deus Ex, it's not so awful. Sure, it's a lot simpler and less 'involving' than the first game, but I'm having a lot of fun nevertheless. In it's own right, it's got enjoyable gameplay, sexy visuals, and an entertaining storyline (so far.) Good way to spend a few hours, I feel.

So, to anyone who disliked it at first, give it another shot; it worked for me. You might still hate it though, so no promises ;)

There was something about the fuzzy, dark, weirdo graphics and the game physics that made me kinda loopy while playing it...

I didn't even play it for any more than an hour before uninstalling and deciding it just wasn't for me.

There is no reason they should have changed it much from the original. Maybe some new weapons and new bionic thingies, not to mention new storyline and enemies, but the feel should have stayed the same as the original, because that game was just about perfect.

People always screw stuff up when they think they can improve something that is already great.

I remember downloading the demo and trying to play. It was so much more different than the original which I had just played the week before the demo was released. I got such a headahce while playing the new one. It was just something about the graphics and the way the lighting in the game was.

As the old saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

After the first two levels, the game got ALOT better, story-wise. I liked the ending(s). Not as good as the first game true, but not as bad as first thought. (imo)

It's a good game. People just played the demo and shot off at the mouth that the whole game sucked.

Alekhine said:
There was something about the fuzzy, dark, weirdo graphics and the game physics that made me kinda loopy while playing it...

I didn't even play it for any more than an hour before uninstalling and deciding it just wasn't for me.
Thats exactly what I thought, well put.

I loved Deus Ex. I waited patiently for DX2.

I was disappointed. I wasted my money, and Edios wasted my hope.

The game would make a great mod for DX1, though.

The graphics are a bit ott, i think. There was no call to try and make it look like doom 3... there's such a thing as over-elaborate lighting. Still, i'm looking past that and I'm enjoying the game.

How can you not like deus ex 1? Its pretty much as close to perfection as you can get in a game.

That and SS2 are easily the best games ever made for the PC imo :)

Back