Oh My God, I just STOP'd

Ixiterra

Veteran XV
Well I was making a thread on TW about how my power went out today. It was all eloquent and I was on my third paragraph of the story and shit, but then I got a STOP error. I don't think I've ever had one on this computer.

Anyways, my power went out today as I found out when I got home and there was some letter from the apartment complex that apologized for the delay. There were like 50mph winds today, and I gues some power lines got knocked down.

So I get home, and ol' Betsy is silent as a lamb. I've been messing with computers for 15 years, so when I turned it on and everything powered up but I never got to the BIOS, it was not unexpected. So I turned off the main power, let it sit for a few, then turned it back on and it booted fine.

So I start making some PS's for the TWIP/TWIS thread since I haven't done any in awhile, and as I go to move the contrast on a layer, the mouse freezes. I hit ctrl-alt-del by instinct, and the monitor turned off for a split second (no signal), then turned back on and everything was fine, not frozen.

Now it keeps happening every so often. And sometimes I can move the mouse if it wasn't moving while the computer froze. When it unfreezes, usually leaves visual glitches like a fucked up mouse pointer or an incorrectly drawn webpage.

I hope nothing's permanently damaged. :( My beloved Hitachi 19" SuperScan Elite 751 can not die! It sounds more like a PSU murmur or something though. ;) I'm willing to bet $90 that it is the Sound Blaster Live! in there.

Anyways, carry on.

Last edited:
Brasstax said:
Betsy? Gotta be a gateway...
Well, it's got three American flags, two are gold stickers on drive bays, one's regular. Then some minicooper sticker, and an O.A.R. sticker. And it has an AMD Athlon logo in the little logo square. ;)

Ixiterra said:
Acronym, hellllooooo?
1: If STOP is an acronym, what is it for?
2: You still don't need to use apostrophes in acronyms. What exactly is the logic of turning an acronym into a pseudo-contraction in order to change its tense? Would you also write "STOP'ng"?

Kurayami said:
1: If STOP is an acronym, what is it for?
2: You still don't need to use apostrophes in acronyms. What exactly is the logic of turning an acronym into a pseudo-contraction in order to change its tense? Would you also write "STOP'ng"?
1. :ftard:
2. Yes. :)

Back