Lets create an OFN database. Good/Bad idea?

Stealth

Veteran XV
There are some people that pretend to hate when members/vets post OFN. But honestly, it seems to me that they clearly enjoy it. It gives them a cheap and easy way to flame. This idea is for the people that genuinely hate OFN, like myself.

Veterans should be able to submit posted links, swf file names, movie file names etc., to the OFN database. The link/file name will be associated with the thread creator, time of post and the original thread itself. The database can be viewed and searched by everyone that visits TW.

If anyone posts a "hey guys!!!1 check THIS out!! LOLOLLOL" thread that matches a link/file name in the OFN database, they receive a 48 hour ban.

Granted, this will not prevent all OFN posts because of different links, but it should cut down on most of the impulsive "loOk whut i dun find, HEH HEH HEH : o)" spam.

This database would not be targetted towards people who provide alternate mirror links for ones that were broken in the original post (when someone posts a movie, pics, etc.). I think it's obvious who is being targetted here.

Good? Bad? Possible?

This is a silly and stupid idea. First of all, it may be OFN to some, but not everybody surfs TW 24/7 and something may get posted 2 or 3 times and plenty of new people will see it. It's when stuff gets posted 6 or 7 times that it gets out of hand (or 2 or 3 times in a couple of hours). I have no problem seeing stuff posted more than once, which is why I rarely OFN people.

Well, I was thinking more like links with descriptions. Search works for finding threads, but it may go away again. This database would be much smaller.

I'd suggest a rule where people search before posting, but if we hammer the search feature, they'll just shut it off again.

We did have an OFN forum once upon a time. However Ceiling Fan got fucking lazy and quit doing his job.

Back