Battlefield Vietnam Gold

P Masta Flex said:
the battlefield game style doesnt lend itself well to vietnam

sorry, its gunna suck and I loved bf1942
omg, how do you figure that? Does this have something to do with what you remember of Saving Private Ryan versus what you remember from Full Metal Jacket or something?

Sigma8 said:
omg, how do you figure that? Does this have something to do with what you remember of Saving Private Ryan versus what you remember from Full Metal Jacket or something?

:fu:

battlefield gameplay is vehicle based, it's just not the same, you dont have tank engagements in vietnam ect.

Now that the DC team has been picked up to produce a commercial version of their mod you won't see that using the new engine anytime soon either.

I've only casually played the original and the DC mod, I just didn't care for how stiff the movement felt in first person mode.

P Masta Flex said:

battlefield gameplay is vehicle based, it's just not the same, you dont have tank engagements in vietnam ect.

I believe they've taken extreme liberties with regards to historical accuracy, I wouldn’t doubt that both sides get helicopters and napalm missile dropping planes. At any rate, I have seen tanks for Vietcong side in screenshots.

:eek:
Vietnam will probably be fun...
I mean, flying helicopters is A LOT OF FUN IN ITHE GAME...

im not lying

P Masta Flex said:

I'm pretty sure from my vivid memories of vietnam via Apocalypse now, that there are lots of helicopters, rivers and boats, and jeeps. And planes. But then again, maybe they'll actually do shit I don't know about, because except for movies I'm pretty fucking ignorant of Vietnam, or their interpretation of it.

Anyway, even if your theory is right and it's not vehicle based, I doubt it'll just be quake3 team deathmatch in a jungle, or UT2k3 in a jungle. They're a smart dev team, I'm sure they'll have something up their sleeves.

Sigma8 said:
I'm pretty sure from my vivid memories of vietnam via Apocalypse now, that there are lots of helicopters, rivers and boats, and jeeps. And planes.

Don't forget JUNGLES.

Fuck DICE and fuck the battlefield engine. Its a piece of shit.

people who still argue how unrealistic the weapons/vehicles are or how unrealistic the physics are must have just fallen off the gaming turnip truck...

I understand if you don't like it because it's unrealistic. But don't act like it makes any attempt to be realistic in the first place...

I read one review of the game that said the americans start out with a large force, but over the course of several battles the strength and support is pulled away until it's just a handful of soldiers, then eventually everybody just leaves

P Masta Flex said:

uh..yeah...there were tank engagements in vietnam

Back