Veteran XX
[22:33] <slogg> i want to play ninja gayden
22:33] <Data> guyden

gayden

or

guyden

?

ninja-gaiden-3_02.png

When I covered my bases by walking into KB at the mall, this pretentious dork interrupted my music listening (clearly, earbuds were visible) and said

"YOU WANT NINJA GAH-EE-DENN?" and I was like "Yeah, I didn't think you had it, I was just covering my bases, because nobody else had it."

And he was like "THAT'S RIGHT. WE DON'T HAVE IT. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OUT UNTIL TOMORROW, BUT EB HAS IT FOR PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED IT ONLY. YOU SHOULD CHECK BACK HERE TOMORROW."

I was just like "get me out of here asap". I thought he wanted to follow me home and try to teach my magic the gathering or something.

but thinking about it, if gaiden is a japanese word, it would be pronounced gah-ee-den, but when said rapidly, would most closely equate to guy-den. I always have said "gay-den" though.

edit: fuck Quoop!

and depending on whether it's spelled:

1. ”EŽÒ (ninja) ŠO“d (gaiden)
or
2. ”EŽÒ (ninja) ŠO“` (gaiden)

it's either

1. ninja foreign telegram!
or
2. ninja anecdote/supplementary biography!

I hunted on the tecmo japanese site, but it's just spelled everywhere as "ninja gaiden" (i.e. not in japanese)

edit: ok, I just did an image search on google.co.jp for #1 vs. #2 and only #2 had any hits, and one was a pic of some sega game with sonic on it, and one was a real screenshot of the original ninja gaiden, so I can only conclude that it is #2.

Back