Don't Go to Club Dread

electronic_lsd

Veteran XV
Funny in parts, they should've realized that the "scary movie" making fun of slashers is already old. Super Troopers > Club Dread.

:signed:

Huge let down. I think that maybe if this had come out before Super Troopers or if it had no relation to Super Troopers somehow it would have been funnier. My expectations were just too high. Although the Pac-Man scene was awesome. :)

Just speculation here but, there has never been a parody of highway patrol officers in vermont has there? therefore its original and the jokes they do would be funny.

Whereas there have been multiple slasher parodies like scary movie
They used up all the jokes you can use in those movies.

THe part where dave is tripping and runs away with the torch was the best imo.

it'll probably end up being more of a cult movie. it was worth the money imho

there were probably only 10 people in the whole theater though...

eurotrip wasnt that bad...

pretty funny at times, and lots of boobies and such

JuSTCHiLLiN said:
and incest!

also.. that girl from eurotrip.. harriet the spy, whatever her real name is..

used to go to my junior high school.. i have her autograph on a peice of looseleaf paper laying around somewhere :>

Michelle Trachtenburg

shes cute. but EuroTrip is a one watch movie. its not that great. i liked Club Dread more....mainly because i wasnt expecting it to be better than SuperTroopers.

it entertained. and i like the silly horror/comedy combos

wtf is the matter with you people? True, it wasn't as good as super troopers, but it was still better than most of the shite put out now.

fraidykat said:
wtf is the matter with you people? True, it wasn't as good as super troopers, but it was still better than most of the shite put out now.
I agree wholeheartedly. But, like I said, my expectations were just too high after Super Troopers. Club Dread was good, but not as a followup movie.

fraidykat said:
i went in figuring it wouldnt live up to ST

so i still enjoyed it...altho it did suprise me how much "horror" they injected into it

it was stupid funny just like super troopers, i thought it was hilarious but i wouldnt go to see it again.

Back