Quitting weed

Bitrot

Contributor
Veteran XV
After 2.5 years of smoking up every couple weeks or so, I'm quitting weed. Other than 3 or 4 occaisions, I don't think it was worth it and sort of regret it.

Weed is pointless.... you may as well drink a shitload and not get arrested for possession of illegal narcotics.

congrats. the guys on my floor smoke a couple times daily. that makes every couple of weeks seem trivial. good luck.

if the weed is free its the weed for me

ive never paid for it, i think its waste of money, but if someone offers me some i cant pass it up (well i can, but i might aswell smoke it)

(aka i smoked at work today, and the last time i worked)

Ya? Why you quiting, and why do you regret it?
Only bad thing is, is that it can eat up some cash.

Doaln said:
congrats. the guys on my floor smoke a couple times daily. that makes every couple of weeks seem trivial. good luck.

Yeah, I know it's not that often compared to a lot of people. I had a chance to last night and felt very little desire to, so I don't think it's going to be difficult.

FireStorm! said:
care to share why you feel this way

Decreased cognitive ability, attaching significance to worthless ideas, negative effect on health, being easily entertained, cheap emotions, money, paranoia, one more thing to occupy me in life...

Bitrot said:
Yeah, I know it's not that often compared to a lot of people. I had a chance to last night and felt very little desire to, so I don't think it's going to be difficult.

Decreased cognitive ability, attaching significance to worthless ideas, negative effect on health, being easily entertained, cheap emotions, money, paranoia, one more thing to occupy me in life...
as long as you sure all of those factors are a result of the weed you smoke once every few weeks, and you are sure that you want to stop smoking for the right reasons then go ahead

if not smoking weed was as easy as it sounds i'd have done it long ago

Most people i know don't pay for weed yet they somehow always have it

yeah i'm quitting too.. this is my 4th day.
i've smoked for about 2 1/2 years as well... last half year i've been smoking way too much daily.

i'm getting all depressed... which sucks (weed was my medicine for reality)
but it will be worth it within a couple weeks.

i'll enjoy watching my productivity sky rocket, my shyness vanish (when i'm high i get real nervous around most people), and my weight drop

i don't regret smoking... i regret starting at an early age and spending thousands of dollars on it... but i'm happy i'm quitting at an early age.

with that said expect to see me smoking as soon as i'm off probation :p

Back