Runaway Jury

Is that the dustin hoffman / gene hackman one? If so, i didn't like that at all :\ which is a shame, because they are two classic actors.

I thought the movie was like Canada.

It was big, had a lot of celeberties, but you wake up the next morning and forget it's there.

I thought the movie was pretty good. As usual though, it doesnt hold a candle to the book. They had to leave out so many things to fit the story into a movie. The #1 thing they changed was, the whole lawsuit. In the book, it was about Big Tabacco and cancer killing people, in the movie, about semi-auto guns being sold with disregard to whom they were being sold it, and how they were advertised.

You didnt really get a feel for the little stories, like how they were putting pressure on the other jurors to get the verdict they wanted. They did however pick a great woman to play as Darleen. :)

His newest book is yet another great one, "The Last Juror". It came out Feb. 2nd, and I had it read 5 days later. Was hard to put down. Like most other books, it was only hardback at first, and $27.95 :/ I really like how most of his books are in or about Miss., and often times have some of the same people in them, usually from different time periods. If you like his books, I recommend it. I enjoyed it a lot.

It was a really good movie

Great acting of course, cusack + hackman + hoffman

and just to add: that chick is sooooooooooooooooooooooo hot.

What? That movie was god awful. The so-called suprise ending was so predictable it wasn't even funny. Not the exact scenario, but I knew about half way through that it wasn't about the money, and that they obviously had some sort of vendetta against fitch. There were also a multitude of unecessary, stupid scenes, I.E. the always ridiculous woman holds her own in the fight against the man. The end reminded me of that horrid life of david gayle movie where he tells fitch..."I JUST LET THE PEOPLE VOTE WITH THEIR HEARTS."

Anyway, the last good book John Grisham wrote was The Firm, the rest of it is pop fiction garbage.

ok hold up.

you guys actually liked that book? Maybe I missed something cause I didn't care for it
at all. And I'm not a Grisham hater, I liked A Time to kill, The Practice some others.

Runaway Jury (The Book): :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Runaway Jury (The Movie): :bigthumb:

I love Grisham's work (Haven't read his latest yet, or White Christmas, but those are the only ones), and Runaway Jury is my favorite book from him. The movie did a pretty good job of translating from paper to screen. I didn't like the change in subject matter, but I think they handled it fairly well. I love Cusack as an actor, and the girl was uber-hot, so that may have swayed me a little.

But yea, I do think he's started to go a little downhill.

Back