best computer setup for under $2000

You could easily buy the one at sharkyextreme or something comparable to it.

Just replace asus with MSI K8TNeo

Replace the case with something cheaper and that cools better.

If you already have a monitor rule it out of the price

Get a cheaper better soundcard

Already have speakers?

You don't have to pay for the OS.

You don't need a DVD player (unless u have to watch movies on ur computer, but you can just download those anyway)

id say get a dvd drive, its usefull, plus games will start being released on dvd (cd also but dvd is more conveinent) - or get a dvd burner as your only drive, for $2000 I dont see how you couldn't afford a dvd burner

AMD 3200+
HSF to match (dont know of any specific ones)
Normal black case
Nforce board
1 gig of ram
160 gigs of HD
A few fans
a nice LED light
and......
a 400w psu

I already had most of my shit so I just paid for ram, mobo, vid card, keyboard, mouse, powersupply.

came out to about 1200.

bleh, now I dont feel like a badass

oh by the way I went countys in my magic the gathering tournament

---v

Gundamflare said:
a LED light? I put one in just to see a nice glow when I walk into the room.

it's not a led light you dipshit

it's a led

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT MY AWESOME NEW LIGHT EMITTING LIGHT~!!!!11oneeleven

there is no game out there that does not run great on a 2.4 gig machine with sufficient ram and a 9800 radeon. There is no reason to pay a premium for a 3gig + machine for games that do not exist yet. When they finally release that hardware will not run you 2k.

Im gonna be upgrading here soon

Still haven't decided whether I want to go Intel or AMD this time. I've been and AMD user for years...but I did have a slot a comp about 4 years ago...

I really don't wanna dig too much in to it now cuz I also want to get one of those little shuttle type boxes to save space. Anyone know if you can change out the power supply on those things? I hope so, they only have like 200W ones from what I've seen.

I dont plan on building it for a solid 2-3 months, prolly 3, and I hear new tech is coming out by then like that super pci stuff, whatever its called, so the rest of the stuff should drop and I'll save bux.

I'd stay away from next-gen CPUs just now, the money you save can buy you a kick-ass video card that'll actually make a difference.

It's been a long time that I've bought a full system, and never have i spent more than a third of that budget. My current system has been built up since then, and my secondary machine only cost me about $200 CAN in supplies (mini-itx), so i'd probably get a fancy LCD screen.

btw, the ACHME PSUs in Shuttle boxes come in 150w and 200w flavors, but everything packs real tight in there. You can't go any higher, nor would you need to with the draw of any hardware you'd put in. The optical drive uses a fair amount, and a video card with a molex adapter (but i doubt most would fit).

I really like having a quiet fan on this p4 heh, do you still need to turn amd boxes into windtunnels? (i aint been keeping up)

will it be worth it to wait a few months to really drop the dinero?

like maybe i should just grab a new cpu, mobo, and vid card?

what do you think this is a joke

;p

what's the best hsf for an athlon 64 that's also pretty quiet?

is ECC/Registered ram what i want for a 64 3000+ in a ASUS K8T800?

what's the best video card for around $200-300?

again, should i try to hold off as long as possible? will that new mobo spec be out soon? anything else worth waiting for?

Last edited:
Back