The Tea thread...

Machine

Veteran XX
Republic of Tea is releasing something known as "white tea" which is supposedly ultra rare. Has anyone here had it?

p40060O.jpg

Last edited:
i've had it, it's pretty good
i've had the one from chinatown though
it's even better if you mix it up with a bit of mint tea.

Theres this stuff called African Red Bush tea. Dont know who makes it but my friend always has it and its so good, kinda tastes like a candy cane :slurp:

Republic of tea makes a couple of red teas, Victoria Falls Vanilla and Karoo Tropical Fruit

never had the fruit, but the vanilla is damned good.

there's also this stuff called 'extra gunpowder tea'
it makes the skin on my face crawl and twitch....but then i make happy :cat:

All I know is that "chado" means "the way of tea" in japanese, and they have cool looking tea houses with dumbass doors you have to crawl in to enter.

I know nothing of this rare tea, but I'd guess any new novelty tea that no one has cared about before is bound to be in low supply, thus rare. I doubt anyone needs to carry magical crystal through poisonous miasma to find special trees that yield the white tea leaves or anything.

that was stupid, i apologize.

it's not ultra rare, but it's not a common tea to find in most stores... find a nice tea shop or house and they'll have some nice white teas. WHite tea is made by picking the tea leaves when they are budding and before the leaf unfurls... what's cool about white tea is that they float straight up like trees, whereas other teas fall flat on the bottom. It's a very light taste, it goes really well with darker heavier teas. I had it mixed with some '76 puerr (sp?). Now Puerr can be a really rare tea.... it's aged tea that is cultured and stored in a cave... there's some hundred year old or more puerrs out there. IT's a real earthy musky taste.

btw, i hope they are not charging much i got a couple ounces for like 8 bucks of a nice white tea

bazarre, i just bought that tea (ok wife bought it for me :) ). it's not too bad. i still drink green tea like there's no tomorrow, however.

Back