I need quick video card advice

C_H_A

Veteran X
Which would be better for gaming? I know all options suck but I need a cheap way for my "less-than-computer-literate" wife to transfer videos to CD/DVD to send to me while I'm deployed overseas.

ATI Radeon 7500 AIW VE - $91
ATI Radeon 9000 AIW - $148
nVidia GF4MX-440 "Personal Cinema" - $128
nVidia GF 5200 "Personal Cinema" - $157

Which software is easiest?
I'll want to game when I'm on vacation back home so which is the best gamer?
Which is the best value?

Thanks for the help!

get the ATI radon 9000.

As for your wife , if she is not computer savey , there will be no wall in hell she could use any video editing program. Adobe premiear is pretty good for PC , but you would really want in Avid Express DV, then again i dont think she will be able to use any of thoes programs. Go and buy her an MAC and let her use Imovie. Thats probally they easiest way for some one to put a film on dvd that has no clue to what they are doing.

Just my $$.02

Heheheh, anything Adobe = too hard.
Doesn't the software package have something simple, if not powerful, for video editing/burning?

C_H_A said:
Heheheh, anything Adobe = too hard.
Doesn't the software package have something simple, if not powerful, for video editing/burning?
Not really. I mean yes they include some editing softwear wiht some video cards, but its usally pretty crappy and kind of hard to understand fully. Plus you said your wife is not great with computers. So my advice is the same as be-4 if you really want to make it easy for her get a MAC and let her use i movie. That program is almost too simple to use, and its an editing program and dvd burner in the same program.

If your wife is anything like my gf in terms of being awful with computers, trust me on this one. I have tried many times to show my girl how to edit and burn stuff, and she never gets it and gives up and get's all pissy. So if you expect her to do this , then go with a mac. :)

A Mac would be ideal but I don't have the funds for that anymore. I just laid out $165 for a Shuttle SN45G, $180 for 200GB HDD, $81 for a 2500+ Barton, and $83 for XP Pro.
I'm pretty much tapped all because I screwed up reading up on the SN45G. I thought it included the on-board GF4 MX, which would've held me over for a bit.
My wife wanted me to put my current computer together for her so she could leave all of our peripherals hooked up vice connecting & disconnecting everything from her laptop.

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I've decided on the MSI TV5200-VTDF128.
I've had great luck with MSI products (Using a KT3 Ultra-ARU right now ;) ).
The ATI 9600 would be nice but I have to draw the financial line somewhere. I'm using a Radeon 9600 Pro & love it.

Back