Should I sell my stock!?!

Special---K

Contributor
Veteran XX
Well I'm enrolled in the Employee Stock Plan for my company and the order just went through. Over last quarter I invested $2000 and made a profit of $1000. now I can choose to sell the shares and collect my free money or let it roll over for next quarter and re-invest.

I could sure use the money but I don't NEED it.

watcha think?

and before everyone goes off...yes, I know capital gains will tax about $400 out the 1000 but it's still a bunch of free money plus my initial investment back that I can use.

If your company is doing that well during the rebound, it will most likely go up again over the next year. Free monies. Plus you said you dont need it. It's just burning a hole in your pocket.

sometimes i wonder how many of you guys are trying to save anythig at all for retirement

Keep your money in there bro. With the new tax rates, the maximum rate you can be taxed on long-term capital gains is 15% or 5%. To be considered a long term capital gain, you cant cash out during a 366 day period.

Keep your money in there bro. With the new tax rates, the maximum rate you can be taxed on long-term capital gains is 15% or 5%, depending on your income. To be considered a long term capital gain, you cant cash out during a 366 day period.

Back