College Students: studying abroad

{FSC}Godfather

Contributor
Veteran XV
I have been looking at Purdue's summer in Oxford and the one at the University of Glasgow. Decided that since Glasgow is a lot cheaper I will go there.

So I applied today.

Anyone else done this before, or this summer?

Forgetting how nice it looks on a resume with the whole international experiance thing, it looks to be an experiance of a lifetime.

I studied in Scotland briefly, and as part of the study abroad, we were in Glasgow for a week. It was awesome, make sure you check out that club with the giant taxi sticking out of the front. I can't remember the name. Either The Garage or the The Taxi or something like that.

And if you're not already an eater of Indian food, you'd better start Glasgow is packed with little Indian joints. Just start small with chicken pakora or something like that. They're like chicken mcnuggets, but better.

i'm (blastek) posting through my friend's account cause mine is fucked and tw staff is too lazy to fix it.

yeah i'm studying in lancaster, england. It's awesome... great atmosphere and experience. I've been to oxford and glasgow... liked oxford much more. Plus the further north you go the harder it is to understand people, so have fun with that.

Definitely do it, it'll be a good experience at either place.

That being said, I studied at Oxford for a semester and it was *awesome*. Couldn't recommend it enough, truly an amazing place.

I am going to apply to doao study abroad in Japan. I don't think they will take me since my GPA is not above 3.0, but I am learning the language which will massively help me.

ZaizenISU said:
I am going to apply to doao study abroad in Japan. I don't think they will take me since my GPA is not above 3.0, but I am learning the language which will massively help me.
ganbatte ne!

i'm jearous.

Tribal Imperialist said:
You applied to the university I haven't heard of, vs. the best known university in the world.

Great job.

One is 10,000, one is 5,000.

On top of the 27,000 a year it costs to go here.

Plus I would rather go to Scotland, and explore my heritage some.

{FSC}Godfather said:
One is 10,000, one is 5,000.

On top of the 27,000 a year it costs to go here.

Plus I would rather go to Scotland, and explore my heritage some.
Studying abroad at Oxford isn't anything like being properly enrolled there anyway. It's not like you're going to have a degree from wherever you spend a semester abroad at.

Sigma8 said:
Studying abroad at Oxford isn't anything like being properly enrolled there anyway. It's not like you're going to have a degree from wherever you spend a semester abroad at.

Thats not true, its the exact same thign as being enrolled there. The difference is that your final degree is from your home university, but theoretically that shouldn't matter to you nearly as much as the educuational *experience* at the college. Thats why you go abroad, not to get a degree...

I want to study abroad so I can immerse myself in the culture, and see if I like it. If I do, I plan on working with a program to teach english to the high schoolers. Also will help me become more fluent in the language.

p.s. Arigato gozaimasu sigma-san

Back