skype dot com - anyone tried it?

Will it be possible to call to normal fixed phones and mobile phones with Skype?
We will be adding functionality soon which will allow you to call to regular phones with Skype. Stay tuned!
Does Skype contain any advertising or Spyware?
No.

Noshbomb said:
Will it be possible to call to normal fixed phones and mobile phones with Skype?
We will be adding functionality soon which will allow you to call to regular phones with Skype. Stay tuned!
Does Skype contain any advertising or Spyware?
No.

thats a trap/.

Skype, created by the people who brought you KaZaA uses innovative P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you with other Skype users.

Yeah.

What does it cost?
During the beta period Skype is free and helps us to refine and improve our product. Eventually, some features and services of Skype will require a paid subscription or prepayment. Our ambition is to keep the basic functionality of Skype (PC to PC calls) free. More information will be provided once our beta program is complete.

I guess if they do add calling to cells/regular phones, you'll have to pay for it. That's the catch, I guess.

Of course you'll have to pay for the PC to Phone calls, thats called VoIP and will never be free, let me know if you've found a magical free VoIP service though. There are tons and tons of programs that do PC to PC calls, i haven't tested Skype myself but my bet is that it's nothing special. All that needs to happen is one of these program needs to get popular, like everyone needs to know about it then it might be worth your time but now it isn't too useful. If there were just one or two programs like this, that were free, and somehow everyone knew about them and most people had them then it would work good.

Back