should I get back into paintball?

amRam

Contributor
Veteran XX
The first and last time I was into it was when I was 15-16 years old... didn't have much money, and didn't have a car. I had a PMI gun and all the gear, plus some accessories. I think I sold it all because I was strapped for cash, but even still I rarely got out there to play... mainly because of money and the car thing. It never really got boring, thats for sure.

Anyway, stuff looks a lot cheaper now (or maybe its because I have money now) so Im considering getting back into it... I priced this out:

Air Co2 12oz-12oz $33.99
Barrel Smart Parts Teardrop-Tippmann C98-Black-14" $65.99
Drop Forward Psycho Ballistic Bullet Drop Forward-Black $57.99
Elbows 32 Degrees Screw Elbow-Clear $7.99
Hopper 200 Round Hopper-Clear $9.99
Marker Tippmann Custom 98-Black $179.99

That's $377.43 (CANADIAN) shipped to my door, and its everything I need. I still have my old mask. I know I can make do without the dropforward, but the model98 is a long gun so the drop would help... it also has an on/off valve for the c02.

Yay? Nay? Who plays?

I actually have a system similar to what you're looking at. Except I have a J&J Pro1 barrel, no drop, and an expansion chamber. The 98c is a great gun for rec use. Built like a tank and reliable as hell, it's an excellent entry level gun. I'd say full speed ahead, imo.

potshot5 said:
m98 :bigthumb:

ps you dont need the elbow, its a vertical feed, and when i got mine it came with a hopper

Oh.... so do I need the straight elbow then? How does the hopper attach securely?

How you liking the gun? Still have a stock barrel?

it sorta has an elbow built in, which has a screw to tighten around the hopper.

i think the gun rocks, despite my friends saying otherwise. between them they have an angel, a shocker 4x4, and a cocker (which he sent to some guy 3 or 4 months ago to get some work done on it and hasnt gotten it back. [vav] he's using my old spyder :lol: )
i still have the stock barrel, but i'm going to get a flatline barrel when i get the money

Do it, i wish i could keep playing but with the amount of pant i throw its just was to expensive (only feild around here is $80/case FPO). It brought a tear to my eye to put my baby on ebay but i have to buy a new car :-| I'll come back eventully, once i get the cash for my Angel Speed :invert:

That is cheap but it will ballon once you start upgrading

Flatline is worthless. amRAm, you should look at getting a CP barrel. They are very good and about half the price of that smart parts barrel. Also, Smart Parts is a evil greedy company that's sueing paintball companies for having a on/off switch on their guns after they were granted a retroactive patent on the on/off switch.

Flatline = good stuff. Screw you h8rs! ;)

I'll be playing tomorrow. Man its gonna be cold, with up to 2 inches on the ground.

Flatline sucks donkey ass

Every single one of my friends who got it regretted it after the first game they played with it. chops balls like nothing else

even the stock is better imo

Paintball rifle? What the fuck do you want, a sawed off? ;)

Flatlines work great if properly installed. I use my dads tippman 98 w/ flatline every time we go out, he uses his angel. He likes to switch off and use the tippman because of how much fun it is at distance in woodsball.

Back