Dell Truemobile 1300 Issues, Can't connect to wireless network

Zlex

Veteran XX
At the moment, here is the issue, and it is unfortunate to see so many others with similar issues.

System Specs:
Latitude D600
Truemobile 1300
Linksys Wireless Access Point Router BEFW11S4
Link Wireless Network Card PC Card 3.0 (Wireless Network Card)

- I can connect into my wireless network perfectly with WEP running through my old Linksys Wireless Network Card and also without WEP running. When connecting through this old card, the signal does not drop and it fine and great with full internet access.

- I cannot connect to my wireless network through my Dell TM 1300 regardless of various settings. However it does in the perferred networks setup window it does show the network there but not in the available network section.

- However, prior to applying an update found through a link in this forum involving a Windows patch, seemingly without changes somehow I ended up being able to be conected to my network but unable to get on the internet, and the dropping began like many have complained in the past.

- There is another network available in my building that I can connect too but cannot get on the internet with.

So basically, the most important thing is to find out
1) How to get my network to get into the available networks box not just the preferred so I can connect to it.
2) Stop the card/signal from dropping repeatedly (as I expect will since it did before when we randomly connected)
3) How to get access to the internet since even when connected through the TM 1300 and having excellent signal strength... it won't let me browse the internet. It is not returning DHCP ip.

Here are some settings in the 192.168.1.1 area...

IP Address: 192.168.1.1 (Device IP)
Wireless: Enabled
SSID: Amber
SSID Broadcast: Enabled
Channal 4
WEP: Mandatory selected (and it is working with the linksys network card)
Connection Type:
PPPoE

From the "wireless" tab in the are

Filmware VersionL 1.1.2 (yes it is updated)
Beacon Interval: 10
RTS Threshold 2304
Fragmentation Threshold: 2304
DTIM Interval: 3

Basic Rates: 1-2-5.5-11 BMps (had to change from default cause the other was really slow)
TX Rates: 1-2-5.5-11 MBps (default)
Preable Type: Lon Preamble (default)
Authentication Type: Both (default)
Antenna Selection: Diversity Spread on

Station MAC Filter: Disabled

Dell Truemobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card Properties

General Tab:

Device type: network adapters
Manufacturer: Broadcom

Device Status--

This device is disabled. (obviously since I am using the fully working linksys network card)

Advanced Tab:

Antenna Diversity -- Enabled
Bluetooth Collabortation -- Enable
Fragmentation Threshold -- 2346
IBSS Channal Number -- 4
IBSS mode - default
Locally Administered MAC Address -- not preset
PLCP HEadeer -- Auto (Short/long)
Power Save Mode -- disabled
Radio Enable/Disable -- enabled
Rate -- use best rate
RTS THeshold -- 2347

Driver Tab:

Driver Date: 1/9/03
Version: 3.10.39.0

connection type: tcp/ip
pppoe is for dsl connection where you need to authenticate user/pw. Your router should be taking care of that.

Back