Can't access WAP's HTTP control panel... (Linksys WAP54G)

At0m|c

Veteran XX
I have a Linksys WAP54G (802.11g) access point (not router) and can't seem to get to its HTTP control panel by going to the IP. Right now I have it hooked up to a 5 port linksys switch but I have tried it in other environments too with no luck. I can run the setup CD which sees it just fine and lets me set the SSID, etc, and I can use the wireless without problems. Just can't get to it's HTTP control panel no matter what I try setting the IP to through the setup CD or if I leave it at the default (192.168.1.245). IE just returns a "This page cannot be displayed" error. :( What should I try next? I'm waiting on an email reply back from linksys but they don't seem to have the best tech support. Is it possible that this part of it is just broken somehow? (Doesn't seem right)

Product's page: http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=575
Manual: ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wap54g v1.1_ug.pdf

Running 1.06 firmware. Most recent is 1.08 but I can't update without the HTTP CP. :(

Last edited:
192.168.1.254 [page 9 of the pdf manual]

you have the ip you are trying to reach as 192.169.1.254. wrong.

Last edited:
hated my linksys, got a netgear, it rocks. Sorry can't help. but good luck :)

ps. did you try the broadbandreports.com forums? they have a huge following for routers and shit by hardware maunfacturer sections.

Neither of these products are routers at all. It's just a switch and an access point. That's why I don't see why I'm having so many problems. :p

Got it on ebay for a bit cheaper. I didn't want a router because the network at my school seems to give everybody problems with them.

did you make sure you're trying the right ip? because as I said before, you wrote *.245, someone else said it should be *.254.

edit: i guess it doesn't matter, since youj said you tried changing it from the default as well.

Ok I fixed it! Plugged it directly to the back of my PC and gave myself a static IP (since it wouldn't assign me one) and am able to configure it fine now. :) Thanks for trying guys.

Back