birthday gift idea

dubs

Veteran XV
I have a female friend turning 21 on 1-1, so she's throwing a new years/birthday party. What should I get her? I was thinking champagne, but how much do I have to lay down to get a decent bottle?

Depending on the gift will probably depend on whether or not you get laid that night (I assume thats what you're aiming for, since you haven't said otherwise :p )

a decent bottle of champagne as a present?

think ~$100

$120 for dom peri 1995

most champagne sucks pure ass

and i'd never give it as a gift

Scavenger said:
Depending on the gift will probably depend on whether or not you get laid that night (I assume thats what you're aiming for, since you haven't said otherwise :p )
haha, not with her, she's dating a 30 yo scrub... it's weird how girls are like that. they think guys their age are too immature but then they go for scrubs and pervs much older than they are...

The cheap champaigne (andre) tastes really good. I dunno what giga's drinkin, maybe I suck at knowing good champaigne.

It's like $3.50/bottle. They have this strawberry flavor that tastes like strawberry soda. (if she isn't into alcoholic stuff)

do you have a girlfriend

if not

do you wish this girl was yours and not that scrubs?

if so, you have more to worry about than what to get her for her birthday

i've met people who think mad dog 20/20 'tastes really good'

if you haven't had the cream, then you won't know the crap :shrug:

GigaFool said:
i've met people who think mad dog 20/20 'tastes really good'

if you haven't had the cream, then you won't know the crap :shrug:
true, true.

I guess I'll have to wait a while before tasting the 'cream' then.

GigaFool said:
do you have a girlfriend

if not

do you wish this girl was yours and not that scrubs?

if so, you have more to worry about than what to get her for her birthday
I'm kinda seeing someone, but no gf. Not into the whole committment deal during college. I have history with this girl, but I don't wish she was mine. The whole deal with chicks seeing older guys is just a general rant because I see it from time to time at school. I need more birthday idea then because I only planned on spending at most $60... $100+ is a bit much because I'm a poor college student.

I like it in the winter because it has more alcohol than beer.

And washington sucks, grocery stores aren't allowed to sell hard liquor, only liquor stores can, so champaigne is about the most alcoholic thing you can buy from the grocery store.

well i think the best gifts are relatively personal

most ideas you'll get for 'a random girl' are gonna be jewelry or whatever

you know her best... so... up 2 u

I was thinking champagne because it ties in that whole turning of age, new years, and celebration thing all together. That and I wanted something easy that I could grab on the way over to her place... crapp... wth... what about wine? or is that even more expensive?

Back