can't boot after install of nforce drivers

Imility

Veteran X
i built my new system, installed winxp with sp1, installed the 3com nic drivers, then went to nvidia.com and got the drivers for my chipset, and now i can only boot in safe mode. i have no idea why this'd happen as this is the first system i've built and i don't know troubleshooting too well. tw pls hlp me :cry:

asus A7N8X DELUX mobo
amd barton 2500+ cpu
shitty temp vid card that i don't know what it is :(
if you need more info just ask :)

what nvidia drivers for what device chipset? and your vid card is some temp pos? I'm confused...

get the nforce drivers from asus' website instead maybe? I use the autoupdater that MSI gives you for mine, and just updated to the 3.whatevers and had no problems at all :shrug:

nforce 2 chipset, my bad should have said that

yes vid card is temp pos, newegg was out of asus 9600xt when i ordered, but i've ordered it now and its on the way

i did get the drivers from asus's website, the most recent drivers, whatever they are.

i did solve it, i just used the ones off the disk and didn't upgrade, i've been told the new ones are faster, so i hope that its the vid card causing trouble somehow.

strange. what exactly does 'doesn't boot' mean? do you get an error? blue screen? or what/

Back