Good e-mail services?

Ixiterra

Veteran XV
Ok, I'm starting to get fed up. I've been using Yahoo for about 6 years now, and I think it may finally be time to retire my email address there. I get like 80 something spams a day, and even though the bulk mail does a pretty good job of separating it, it is still annoying. I'm looking for a paid e-mail provider, and it must have one big requirement: e-mail aliases. Like if I was george@email.com, I could make gamespyspam.george@email.com and use that email to sign up for gamespy. Once spam started rolling in, or I no longer need the address, simply remove it. Yahoo had a survey asking about that kind of service and if I'd pay for it, but so far it seems like they have not implemented it.

Also don't need a huge box, but 10-25MB would be fine, and around $10/yr. POP would be a plus too, I haven't used a POP email address in so many years, forget how nice it is. So anybody know of some good providers?

thanks

Be sure to go in to your Yahoo preferences and indicate you do not want to receive offers from Yahoo partners.

Yahoo spams their own mailboxes unless you tell them not to.

I do a hollywood celebrity hotmail box and only let verified addresses send me stuff. I only get mail I want. why not do the hollywood celebrity thing?

Ehh, there were times when I was receiving less than 1 spam email a day, so I don't think Yahoo itself is making a huge contribution.

D-Sect said:
I do a hollywood celebrity hotmail box and only let verified addresses send me stuff. I only get mail I want. why not do the hollywood celebrity thing?
Too much of a pain in the ass.

actually - when you sign up for a thing, paste the e-mail into permitted e-mails filter - no spam ever

You're going to get spam. Just from the dictionary mofo's alone. Might as well turtle\-up and lket it bounce off ya.

I have a special addrees I give to people who I care about and they put the keyword into subject to get through the big mean spambouncer.. thats how I get no spam to an address I give out.

Back