WTF popups ads on tw?

FalseMyrmidon

1700+
Veteran XV
So I log onto the school computer and go to TW and I get this popup ad:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/falsemyrmidon/untitled.bmp[img]
It's a computer with nazi security settings (right click is disabled in explorer) so I don't think it's spyware.

Last edited:
I just clicked the ? in the corner and it says that
"You received a GAIN ad because a user of this computer agreed to install a program supported by the Gator Advertising and Information Network (GAIN)."
GOD DAMNIT
I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GET A FUCKING ADMIN TO GET IT OFF

Jesus Christ, how many years will it take before you recognize spyware? And if it could be installed without an admin, I'm sure it can be uninstalled without an admin.

Ixiterra said:
Jesus Christ, how many years will it take before you recognize spyware? And if it could be installed without an admin, I'm sure it can be uninstalled without an admin.
I didn't recongize it because I haven't seen it before. I make a point of not installing spyware on computers.

CaptainZero said:
holy image size bat man! I felt like I was on my 33.6 modem back in the day.

Back in "the day" we used 300 baud Hayes modems with accoustic couplers.

ReCurve said:
google toolbar 1572 adds blocked
To remove Gator click the 'Start' menu, then select 'Control Panel' and open the 'Add/Remove Programs' utility. Find 'Gator' in the list of programs, click 'Change/Remove' and follow the prompts to uninstall Gator. Then follow the same procedure to remove Offer Companion.

I don't have access to the control panel. Or the C drive. Or anything

FalseMyrmidon said:
To remove Gator click the 'Start' menu, then select 'Control Panel' and open the 'Add/Remove Programs' utility. Find 'Gator' in the list of programs, click 'Change/Remove' and follow the prompts to uninstall Gator. Then follow the same procedure to remove Offer Companion.

I don't have access to the control panel. Or the C drive. Or anything
Wtf? You have fucking moronic admins then.

Back