Kasparov and X3DFritz tie..

Blumie

Banned
Final match ends in a draw.. not bad for having the black pieces.

So both sides finish with 2 points a piece.. both having won with white and drawn with black.

kasparov.jpg
<
apple2std.gif

Yeah, I was watching it on the web. Very short game. At least Kasparov didn't blow it. This sets up another challenge in the future.

I mean, these matches are getting rediculous.
Human makes a mistake, game over.
Human plays a perfect game with white pieces, blocking black with a pawn line, human wins.

We get the point. If a weekness is there 20 moves downrange, the human can find it. Otherwise, the computer is gonna win most of the time. Even the commentators admit this.

first nogodforme says deep blue is the chess champion

even though it lost to x3dfritz

then he says x3dfritz will beat kasparov easily

and lo and behold he sounds dumb again in this thread

Drawing the computer with the black peices is no easy feat, even for world champions. Rematch means more publicity for chess, which is great.

GigaFool said:

whey 2 stock

GigaFool said:

That's a good point about Deep Blue losing to x3dfritz. I never heard about those matches in the news, instead, heard that deep blue was "retired". How many processors did Deep Blue get to use? In the match played today, Fritz has 4 Intel 2.8 Xeon processors. The IBM machine that beat Kasparov, had at least 256 processors, even had 1 for each square of the board. So I'm sure they forced IBM to scale back their super computer for the match, in other words, the match between Fritz and Deep Blue was rigged. If not, then tell me why is Fritz only playing on a computer with 4 Intel processors instead of 256?

And I never said Kasparov would lose, just saying it's tuff for humans to win. Kasparov plays for the draw.

NoGodForMe said:
That's a good point about Deep Blue losing to x3dfritz. I never heard about those matches in the news, instead, heard that deep blue was "retired". How many processors did Deep Blue get to use? In the match played today, Fritz has 4 Intel 2.8 Xeon processors. The IBM machine that beat Kasparov, had at least 256 processors, even had 1 for each square of the board. So I'm sure they forced IBM to scale back their super computer for the match, in other words, the match between Fritz and Deep Blue was rigged. If not, then tell me why is Fritz only playing on a computer with 4 Intel processors instead of 256?

And I never said Kasparov would lose, just saying it's tuff for humans to win. Kasparov plays for the draw.
the sheer processing power only shortens the time for it to compute its move

Back