let's say all laws cease to exist this very moment...

iNVAR

Computer Monkey
Veteran XX
what would you do? i was thinking just now about this...

i'm not saying what if laws never existed in the first place because you really can't predict what you would have done. for all we know, you probably would have grown up to be a wholly different person.

HOWEVER, what i'm asking is this: if all laws ceased to exist at this very moment, what would you do? do you follow certain laws because you agree with them or only because you would get punished for breaking them? in other words, is your 'good' (i know this is subjective) behavior contingent on being punished for 'bad' behavior?

what laws would you break and why? bear in mind, just because there are no laws now does not mean there will be no consequences. if you mug a lady and i as a good samaritan see this, i can now run you over with my car and not have to worry about going to jail for it.

I wouldn't change anything. It would jsut eliminate any worry that had existed before.

Oh, and I get into vigilante justice. Imposing my will on others is cool like nothing else.

First I would gather all the people I know and trust.
Then we would get guns.
Then we would get supplies we need to survive.
Then we would hid in the hills somewhere until most of humanity killed itself off.

I'd steal every movie and MP3 I ever wanted, then I'd probably go build my own little hermitage in the middle of a swamp or something.

But if laws really just did stop existing I'd definitely purchase a gun and lotsa ammo. Step foot in my apartment and you're fucking dead!

I'd go buy a gun for me and for everyone else in my family because the chaos that would result of a lawless nation would be something close to the apocalypse.

I would found the first new city, and re-establish the rule of law. An army would be raised to protect the settlement and fields, and to expand this protection to those in need.

In all seriousness, if suddenly law and order ceased to exist, I'd grab a bunch of guns first chance I got and get prepared to flee the house if necessary...never know what kind of crazy looting crap is gonna come my way.

Gather friends and family and go buy some guns and shoot the clerk at the gun store and take it all for 'protection'.

Back