Why women cheat

Searagemor

Veteran XV
According to MSN.com

When it comes to cheating, men get most of the ink. From presidents to princes to Ethan Hawke, we're often left thinking: "What was he thinking?" According to the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, 15% of wives — versus 25% of husbands — have cheated. But we know that cheating is an equal-opportunity indiscretion. What stories do women confess from the infidelity front?

"Revenge!"
"My ex and I had a horrendous emotional relationship, but the physical intimacy was so good we couldn't stay away," says Kathy, 34. "He'd say stuff like, 'If you were the one for me you'd have coffee ready in the morning.' Every time he said I was 'not the one' I slept with the office 'hot guy' for revenge." When the hottie moved to L.A. she faced facts, "cheating was just as self-destructive as my relationship. It made me see how low my self-esteem was." The wake-up call helped Kathy find something better the next time around.

"Attention-starved!"
"I cheated on my long-distance boyfriend with an ex who was in town," says Molly, 27. "I also slept with someone in the Bahamas who made me feel sexy and appreciated. I don't feel guilty because I realize that cheating is a symptom of something wrong with the relationship. When I was feeling attention-starved or nostalgic, it was because I needed something from my ex. Now if a guy doesn't give me what I need, I don't go to the Bahamas, I move on."

"Boyfriend overlap!"
"I cheated on my last boyfriend with my current boyfriend," says Brigid, 31. "Last boyfriend was moving and we knew we'd break up, and there were two weeks of overlap with the new guy. It's a gray area, but it felt like cheating when I was at a bar with the new guy and then spent the night with the old boyfriend and lied about where I'd been. Old never found out, though we're still close. I still feel like it's something between us, and it would hurt our friendship if I confessed."

"... for the story!"
"I was with friends and a boyfriend at a nightclub in Puerto Rico, where I'd spent time growing up," says Monica, 24. An old flame arrived and I wound up making out with both guys, separately, in different corners of the disco. At one point I was sitting between them and one had his hand on my butt and the other had his leg pressed against mine — neither had a clue. I did it for the story I'd get to tell my best friend when I got home."

"A wild girl inside!"
"One afternoon in Italy, a waiter offered me a moped ride and we wound up fooling around hard-core in the ocean. Same day, I met another guy at my hotel, same thing happened," says Renata, 29. "During my six-year relationship, I'd never cheated — yet that one day, I felt so uninhibited! I needed to remember that I was desirable to other people. I wanted to thank these guys and say, 'Okay, I got what I was looking for. Now you can go.' I've enjoyed this secret, knowing I'm really a wild girl inside."

Cliff Notes:

Revenge
Attention
Boyfriend overlap, but I don't know what that means.
To tell their friend a story.
And to feel wild.

Cheating used to just be a moral crime.

Now it should be a criminal offence like reckless endangerment.

Geck0 said:
Cheating used to just be a moral crime.

Now it should be a criminal offence like reckless endangerment.
i agree.

would definately need some extremely fine tuning though.

Back