Big O?

Wyrm

Contributor
Veteran XX
Anyone watch Big O and care to explain wtf just happened in the last episode?

Very weird. In typical anime fashion, they hinted at a ton of crazy stuff in the last episode and revealed very little.

f(x) is the big O of g(x) if there exists two constants X0 and C for all x > X0, f(x) <= C*g(x)

First off: Everybody in this thread who's not me and Wyrm is an idiot.

Secondly: I don't have a final theory formalized yet, because that was some fucked-up shit, although I enjoyed the previous 25 episodes of the show immensely, as long as I tried not to understand the background story.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to figure out if I actually got anything, but I still don't fully understand exactly what Paradigm City is.

I think we could have done with less of a full-on mindfuck in the second season, but I still enjoyed the weird style of Big O. If nothing else, the episode with Beck and the Yoshifuda-Yakamoto Corporation was fucking priceless.

Wyrm said:
Anyone watch Big O and care to explain wtf just happened in the last episode?
I want to know the same thing. Haven't watched the whole series but I watched most of the last season so I had some idea what was going on (giant robots fight). It looked like they were really in a computer and they were getting formatted or something. And they get formatted every 40 years?

Ben Reed said:

Secondly: I don't have a final theory formalized yet, because that was some fucked-up shit, although I enjoyed the previous 25 episodes of the show immensely, as long as I tried not to understand the background story.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to figure out if I actually got anything, but I still don't fully understand exactly what Paradigm City is.

I think we could have done with less of a full-on mindfuck in the second season, but I still enjoyed the weird style of Big O. If nothing else, the episode with Beck and the Yoshifuda-Yakamoto Corporation was fucking priceless.
Trying to figure out what the city was confused me, too. It look like a bunch of dome cities in a big dome?

FalseMyrmidon said:
I want to know the same thing. Haven't watched the whole series but I watched most of the last season so I had some idea what was going on (giant robots fight). It looked like they were really in a computer and they were getting formatted or something. And they get formatted every 40 years?

Spoiler

Ben Reed said:

they're all robots and paradigm city is a big holographic soundstage. the only human is Angel - she is the elder Rosewater's true heir. his "son", Alex, was a robot too. He was "god" now she is "god" and at the controls of the whole deal. I dunno, the plot of the thing is hard to figure out - it seemed like a lot of times the english dialog didnt really match what the characters were doing on screen... :shrug:

the scars on Angel's back indicated that she was really human, maybe the only young person to survive whatever catastrophy befell earth and she was a giant robot pilot. ???

Flunky said:
they're all robots and paradigm city is a big holographic soundstage. the only human is Angel - she is the elder Rosewater's true heir. his "son", Alex, was a robot too. He was "god" now she is "god" and at the controls of the whole deal. I dunno, the plot of the thing is hard to figure out - it seemed like a lot of times the english dialog didnt really match what the characters were doing on screen... :shrug:

I think the translation was by and large fairly accurate, the true confusion lies in the story proper, which is obviously still confusing as hell even in Japanese.

the scars on Angel's back indicated that she was really human, maybe the only young person to survive whatever catastrophy befell earth and she was a giant robot pilot. ???

Shit, I just don't know any more.

Helado said:
f(x) is the big O of g(x) if there exists two constants X0 and C for all x > X0, f(x) <= C*g(x)

i was gonna do that.... well its pointless to do big omega or big theta now...

Ben Reed said:
Spoiler
I don't really understand why he's called The Negotiater. I never saw him negotiate anything, just use his giant robot to fight other giant robots.

FalseMyrmidon said:
I don't really understand why he's called The Negotiater. I never saw him negotiate anything, just use his giant robot to fight other giant robots.
Those would be, ah, aggressive negotiations.

BigOTires.gif

?

Back