wow man, poor people... :(

Acer

Veteran X
my mom just came into my room and asked me if i would consider eating something else other than what they were having for dinner. i asked why, and she said that a family that used to live in our neighborhood was here, and they were hungry. this woman has 3 kids, and an abusive husband. i gladly gave it up, of course, but this just makes me sad :(

ps, and by poor in the thread title, i mean that i feel sorry for them.

If she's brave enough to beg for food, she should be brave enough to leave him.

Put her in touch with a safe house. They'll help her with a place to stay and a network to get her a job - unless she already has one.

shes not homeless, and from what i know she wasnt begging for food. but in a way she was. she divorced from the husband a few years back, but now apparently shes back togeother with him.

im not gonna be all "WTF NO I WANT MEH FOOD" and shit, its a needy family thats tight on money as it is, with a diabetic daughter :(

imagine the heartbreak a parent feels when their children are crying because they're hungry, yet there is no food to give them that day. Be thankful for every bite you have and always help someone in need.

:mecry:

Wow, I just learnt I'm not the only person that posts in GD from Australia :eek:

Sad to hear about that too, Acer.

Geck0 said:
That just cost her all the sympathy I had.
yeah, that's stupid to say.
Maybe the husband beat her, left her in her room, came back 15 minutes later and yelled "You tell the cops and you will never see your daughter again, ever" and proceeded to hit her again.

beren is austrailian i think...right?

and man, i just went in there to say hi and stuff. the little 4 year old is playing with some of my old childhood toys, and hes as happy as can be. the mom was sitting at the table eating, and the one with diabetes thats about my age was sitting on the computer looking something up...the mom said "cmon guys, we gotta go finish trick or treating!" and the little 4 year old goes, "i dont wanna go, i wanna playyy" :(

Back