I salute Ho Chi Minh...

Gallium

Veteran XX
For losing over 5 million vietnemese in a war that spanned over 25 years against the west.

Vietnam is truly the perilous pearl of southeast asia.

-Gallium

It's a beach party Vietnam
Surfin' with the Viet Cong
Cookin' hot dogs with napalm
A beach party Vietnam

Frankie and Annette were
Layin' on the sand
When Frank got a letter
From his Uncle Sam

It said: Get Moon Dog and
All your friends
You're all invited to a

Beach party Vietnam
A beach party Vietnam

- Hey Frankie, aren't you gonna give me youur class ring?
- Oh I'm afraid I can't do that, Annette
- Why not?
- 'Cause I don't have any arms!
(AH!)

Beach party Vietnam
A beach party Vietnam

Annette, she wants Frankie's ring
Frankie wants Annette's thing
They're layin' on the West Coast
There's gonna be a wiener roast

Beach party Vietnam
A beach party Vietnam

France could have just given them freedom when asked, the US could have listened to his pleas and helped his people gain independence. Would've could've should've, didn't and ended up getting millions killed for the same end result.

There was a story about some American servicemen who had escaped the Phillipines at the onset of WW2, made it by small boat to vietnam (then a french colony), presented themselves to the french, and were then turned over to the japanese (who the french were allied with).

Senty said:
France could have just given them freedom when asked, the US could have listened to his pleas and helped his people gain independence. Would've could've should've, didn't and ended up getting millions killed for the same end result.

Yeah, so what if the Hawaiians asked for their freedom now? You wouldn't give up any land you have now, not because the people there asked you to give it up. It's foolish to say the French should have just given it up, it was unthinkable at that time.

AgentOrange said:
There was a story about some American servicemen who had escaped the Phillipines at the onset of WW2, made it by small boat to vietnam (then a french colony), presented themselves to the french, and were then turned over to the japanese (who the french were allied with).
The French weren't allied with the Japanese during World War II.

If I remember correctly the Hawaiians are a minority now, and no in the begining the demands were for simple self rule as part of the french commonwealth.

RNJBOND said:
The French weren't allied with the Japanese during World War II.

Correct they were MIA for a few years during the war. those servicemen were probably picked up by the stench while they were under German rule and by defualt allied with Japan.

Code4 said:
Correct they were MIA for a few years during the war. those servicemen were probably picked up by the stench while they were under German rule and by defualt allied with Japan.
I still seem to doubt the validity of that story, however.

Back