Ok, This Fire Is Officially On My Nerves

PJ said:
Anyone else live near this damn Grand Prix fire?

It has been burning since tuesday, and it is really starting to piss me off. It's so smokey that I'm coughing up a storm. There is so much ash in the air that it looks like it's snowing. Have you ever tried cleaning up ash? It's not fun. I clean off my car and 5 minutes later its white again.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/24/california.wildfire/index.html
wow pj, now I feel like crap. Here I was feeling bad for those people that might lose their homes, and your new car is dirty, fuck I'm scum

See, now you have you priorities straght. =)

Seriously though, the fire as of tonight has moved away from the homes back into the hills, almost all the homes appear to be out of danger. So I'm not being a complete asshole. =)

try living on maui, i live up on the side of a mountain and when they burn the cane the smoke floats up here. Smells like shit too.

Luckily your car doesn't give a shit how dirty it is, so you don't have to clean it every five minutes.

PJ said:
Anyone else live near this damn Grand Prix fire?

It has been burning since tuesday, and it is really starting to piss me off. It's so smokey that I'm coughing up a storm. There is so much ash in the air that it looks like it's snowing. Have you ever tried cleaning up ash? It's not fun. I clean off my car and 5 minutes later its white again.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/24/california.wildfire/index.html

I live over at UCR, when the fires first started I could see all three of em. There was one just on the other side of the hill behind UCR, so close I could see the red smoke from the huge fires during the day, at night I could see full on flame on the hills with the red smoke, it was a pretty neat show :p. I wish I had gotten pictures of it all, it was eerie walking out of class to see three huge plumes of smoke all drifting to eachother with sky in between.

Ya, but I haven't had a chance to wax it yet, so I'm a bit worried about the ash damaging the clear coat. That's the only reason I care at all atm.

But this thread has gotten off topic.

I was just curious if anyone else lived around it, and if they were getting this much ash and smoke.

fedit.gif

edit: to demonstrate the use.

also yes, I am a cranky bitch this morning.

I had the thought about 5 minutes later, so I posted again. Not my fault no one was around to post in between my two seperate posts. :)

I know what your talkin about PJ. I am in northern san diego, and i got a shitload of ash shit too. Not as bad as you, but it still sucks. I went up to Dana Point last night and drive right past the fire in pendelton off the 5.

Back