so when is HL2 to be released?

RoyaleWithCheese said:
that april estimate was never confirmed
Neither was the delay for sept. 30 2003. From what I heard (may or may not be true, but this is what I read) Vivendi said it wasn't going to be out, while some from valve said it's not confirmed or whatever. Some people even reported that at the European version of E3, the valve guy said it was still on schedule for sept release. Therefore, I believe Vivendi more than I do Valve at this point. :shrug:

JuggerNaught said:
was actually pushed back to 2004 because of the code leak last week...now they are saying november

Since there is a fully playable version that some hacker is threatening to release, and there's also somewhat playable content out, they have to release soon or people will just get the warez versions.

i tend to agree, they said up until a week prior that hl2 was on schedule for sept 30.

ill get excited for the game once its in stores.

in other views / leaked emails, it seemed like it was ready to go, except for language translations (worldwide release on the same day) and they were still working on problems with Steam...otherwise, Halflife 2 is finished. The version that got released is not all that Valve had. Why should we believe some guy that hacked valve anyway?

Got Haggis? said:
in other views / leaked emails, it seemed like it was ready to go, except for language translations (worldwide release on the same day) and they were still working on problems with Steam...otherwise, Halflife 2 is finished. The version that got released is not all that Valve had. Why should we believe some guy that hacked valve anyway?

exactly. i still find it hard to believe that a computer with unrealeased game code was just connected to the net...with apparently little to no security....

JuggerNaught said:
exactly. i still find it hard to believe that a computer with unrealeased game code was just connected to the net...with apparently little to no security....
The whole story about how it got out was explained.
Of course that would require you sitting down and reading more than the title of a thread.

stores say that "November 27th / Early December" range...

while the delay has not been confirmed by valve, i am hoping for the best. But my guess is early 2004

Got Haggis? said:

Obviously it's not the entire thing. (Missing models and things like that). Valve showed everthing working correctly at E3 back in MAY. The hacker is full of crap when he says that's all they had/have, but he did get a large portion of it.

Back